The Monster of Glamis Castle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    This sounds as if it relies on the other legends about Glamis Castle, about the link to the Royals, Scottish and British, and the ghosties. As with many things to do with the Royal Conspiracy, it rests largely on a guilt by association type of argument. And as with all those bits of Royal Conspiracy claptrap it sounds "good" until you really examine it.

Chris
    I think it may have been given some credence by the fact that the Queen Mother herself had relatives(a sister?) locked away forgotten in an asylum for many years. That's not to say I believe in the Duke of Clarence conspiracy.

I had forgotten that Shakespeare set Macbeth in Glamis Castle.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_c View Post
      I think it may have been given some credence by the fact that the Queen Mother herself had relatives(a sister?) locked away forgotten in an asylum for many years. That's not to say I believe in the Duke of Clarence conspiracy.

I had forgotten that Shakespeare set Macbeth in Glamis Castle.
      Macbeth is Thane of Glamis and Cawdor but I'm pretty sure the real events and the play were noit actually set there.

Comment

Hi everybody.

I came across another interesting web-link about the 'Monster of Glamis'. It's located on a website called "The Fortean Archives".

Glamis Castle, in Scotland, is a famous place: a picture-postcard tourist destination, birthplace of the late-lamented Queen Mother Gawd Bless ‘Er™, and – not incidentally for the purposes of this …

Best regards,
        Archaic

Comment

Working...
        X