Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Oh look what is cheap on Kindle" thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Oh look what is cheap on Kindle" thread...

Sorry, not sure if this is going to work or not, but I thought it would be worth having a thread to list when books that may be of interest are available for download, especially if they are on free deals, or bargain prices.

So, the books you probably know about:
    The Mammoth book of JTR, is £4.99, but is a LOT of book for the price.
    The A to Z is just £3.99, again, a lot of book for the price.
    JTR: Scotland Yard investigates is £3.39

And the lesser known cheapies:

MJ Trow's JTR Quest For A Killer is just 99p.
    Blood Harvest by David Andersen is a piffling 99p (and was more interesting than I expected).

The Crimes of Jack The Ripper Re-examined, by Paul Roland is also in the 99p bracket. (No idea how good it is, I haven't read it yet)
    There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

I happened to notice that J.J. Hainsworth's Ripper book about Druitt is currently only $3.99 on Amazon Kindle. The title is Jack the Ripper - Case Solved, 1891.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
      I happened to notice that J.J. Hainsworth's Ripper book about Druitt is currently only $3.99 on Amazon Kindle. The title is Jack the Ripper - Case Solved, 1891.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Is book any good?

I've seen it on Amazon & Ebay and it seems really expensive!! I'm not entirely sure what the attraction is or am I missing something?

Comment

Still a lot of books overpriced on Kindle, though I think competition in the JtR field may force them down. Some publishers still insisting on equal price with hardback, etc. If you're self-publishing, a 99c price only gives you a tiny % royalty, which is much bigger if you have RRP $2.99 or higher.

Comment

For what it’s worth, I thought that the Hainsworth book was excellent
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Ditto. Well worth the price.

Comment

You might also like to check out my 'Jack the Ripper Omnibus', over 550 pages in paperback, just published at £2.98 for Kindle.

Comment

Working...
              X