Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should spend your time with a dictionary instead. It would be more useful in the long run.

Let all Oz be agreed;
    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Note the violence inherent in the system

Comment

Pirate,

Ask yourself...would Don Souden behave this way?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

All I want to say is that I still find it rich that my post, which virtually destroyed Joe's argument, was deleted, and then a dated post in reply to mine was allowed to be subtly altered at a later date, to allow Joe and Spiro a small amount of dignity in retreat.
          Well they ****ed that up didn't they?

Comment

The irony is that AP was probably the only author of a Ripper book to be an active member of the Jack the Ripper Writer's forum.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Behave in what way exactly Tom?

Recognizing that large numbers of people have moved to other sites because of the aggressive posting by Ally Ryder on this site? This is hardly rocket science.

And like you I am also a fan of Casebook which is an excellent and well-researched resource with, ‘some’, excellent contributors. I use it daily and as far as I’m aware have no personal problem with its owner or Staff.

The idea that someone cant criticize something they much enjoy, really is another one of Ally Ryder’s nitwit theory ideas. With its usual foundation in her own opinion of herself. I have lost count this week of the number of threads in which she is in a slanging match with some poor newbie poster.

I have no idea who is right or wrong in your dispute with Spiro. But I do think it’s healthy that other sites exist and create competition. And that isn’t a critisism of Casebook, in fact it is largely a complement.

I guess I see you and Ally as the Tweadle Dum and Tweadle Dee of casebook, and one of those daily unfortunates that must be dealt with, much like indigestion.

However unlike the many. The Pirate says what he thinks out loud, and be damned.

Pirate

PS cheers for the Rennie AP
              Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 06-17-2009, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Yeah Leahy,

It's one of my nitwit ideas that it's totally rude to stand in a man's living room, enjoying his hospitality FOR FREE while bashing it. Which is essentially what you are doing. I am a bitch, but I am not a rude, ill-mannered piece of trailer trash like you are.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Pirate,

You have no clue what you're talking about here, which is why you're coming off as ridiculous right now. Who says you can't have complaints? That's not what this is about. And it's not about competition, either, because their really isn't any. It's about underhanded tactics, backstabbing, character assassination, and jealousy. This has been the motive behind every one of this sites.

Here's a brief timeline:

* Way back in 2003, Ivor Edwards and the Casebook had a big falling out, so Ivor started his own site at jtrforums.com. Later this became jtrforums.co.uk.

* At some point, Howard Brown became Ivor's right hand man and moderator. They had a big falling out, so Howard was banned and re-started jtrforums.com.

* Spiro made a big hoopla on Howard's site with some shoddy D'Onston research. Spiro pretty much lost whatever little credibility he had over this, and he embarrassed Howard greatly. In fact, it was this disaster that led to Howard's and my eventual falling out.

* Spiro skimpers away only to emerge a year later with his JTR Writer's forum.

The only question is, who will Spiro take under his wing, then eventually ban, and what forum will they create?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

P.S. I've been asked to be moderator on two of these sites. Can you even imagine that?

Comment

Originally posted by Ally
                    Tom,

Free market enterprise. McDonald's and Burger King are bitter enemies, but some people like both.
                    Yes, but how long would they enjoy eating at both if Ronald McDonald started showing up at Burger King's asking people to come over and eat his Big Mac, all the while running commercials calling BK a 'total cesspool'? I think people would start to choose sides at that point, and quite rightly.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Well if I was standing in someone’s living room clearly you would have a point.

But obviously I am NOT; I’m on a public forum that deals with people who have an interest in Jack the Ripper. And I assume as casebook isn’t a registered charity that it’s a profit making business that earns money from advertising like most other websites (I apologize if I have this wrong) and like most business it requires my and everyone elses trade.

And before I get accused of hypocrisy again, let me add that I have no problem with anyone who chooses to make a living or profit out of doing something they enjoy. Far from it. I’m a capitalist.

And lastly, and the one that really sticks in the throat, since when does criticism of Ally Ryder = criticism of casebook?

Lets face it only someone with an ego the size of Ally Ryder could come to such a conclusion.

Ally, casebook would be a busier and happier place without you…
                      “Simp’als,” as the meerkat says...

Pirate

PS Tom i have no interest in petty politics, I'm only interested in the identity of Jack the Ripper
                      Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 06-17-2009, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• Pirate,

Who has ever left the Casebook and joined another site because of myself, Ally, or any other individual?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                          Pirate,

Who has ever left the Casebook and joined another site because of myself, Ally, or any other individual?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                          Now that would be playing JtR politics

answers on a post card anyone?

Pirate

Comment

• Enough. Thanks.

- Stephen

Comment

Working...
                            X