Jack the Ripper Conference 2012 in York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Big John,

Oh, you will. Everything is in walking distance. I am sure that you will fall in love with the place.

Best wishes.

Comment

Hi Suzi,

I am sure that there will be.

Best wishes.

Comment

Hi Suzi again,

I certainly would be interested.

Best wishes.

Comment

Triple post.

Kat Bradshaw...ever thought of writing a travel brouchure. Enthusiastic.

Jennifer, in my humble "unbanned" unbitter opinion, my god I love your poetry. Keep it up guuuurl x

Comment

Originally posted by AmmanValleyJack View Post
            Triple post.

Kat Bradshaw...ever thought of writing a travel brouchure. Enthusiastic.

Jennifer, in my humble "unbanned" unbitter opinion, my god I love your poetry. Keep it up guuuurl x
            I have to say that the work Jen has done so far is amazing. Some beautiful evocative writing which I now have the difficult task of illustrating. I could be wrong, but I don't believe there has been a collection of Ripper themed poetry published before, so it's nice to be involved in such a project.

We will have a limited collection of hand numbered copies for sale at the conference, but the book will always be available to order online for those unable to attend. A link for this will be announced nearer the time.

All the best
            Andrew

Comment

At first I thought to do a clever little paragraph, with the first letter spelling out "Do it again and you are banned". But then I figured, why waste the effort.

Do it again and you are banned.

That goes for everyone who has ever done it, or thinks they can get away with it in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                The Queen of Mean might well be attending the York conference?
                Oh, that would be great, Ally, and I look forward to seeing you again. Please wear your tiara.

Comment

Thank you kindly sir! And not a coded whiff of displeasure! I am checking finances currently, we've spent a lot of the travel budget this year and we still have a Vegas trip this July but I should firm it up by this week and either be registering or not. To the dismay of conference organizers everywhere, alas. I have to wait til Stephen gets back from asia anyway, Pay Pal hates me and all my credit cards are locked out of it because I kept screwing up the registration process and they wanted me to send my blood and DNA to prove I was me. So I have to use one of his cards or accounts.

It would be great seeing a few people again though (and some for the first time).
                  Last edited by Ally; 04-30-2012, 02:29 PM.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                  I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

I always have bother with PayPal... stopped using it a while ago...

I may attend myself depending on my house move situation.

Comment

Question to organizers regarding conference line up:

On the poster that lists the line up of speakers here on this thread, it says Stewart Evans will be speaking. However, on the official line up page on the conference website, Stewart is not mentioned, however Martin Fido is on there, and he's not on the poster on this thread.

Is there an official "official" line up of speakers?

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Hi Ally,

It would be good to meet you there ... at long last.

Best wishes.

David.

Comment

The final list of our speakers for the 2012 Jack the Ripper Conference

Just to clarify, our list of speakers for the conference is as follows:

Laura Richards
                          Martin Fido
                          Neil R. Storey
                          Trevor Marriott
                          John Bennett
                          Robert Anderson
                          Rob House
                          Lindsay Siviter
                          Trevor Bond

Full details can be found over on the speakers section of www.ripperconference.com.

All the best
                          Andrew

Comment

Why didn't you invite Maggie Thatcher?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Firth View Post
                              Just to clarify, our list of speakers for the conference is as follows:

Full details can be found over on the speakers section of www.ripperconference.com.

All the best
                              Andrew

While it is a bummer that neither Don nor Stewart are speaking any longer, the line up still has some interesting guests so I will staunch my disappointment with a Pimms (still not entirely sure what that is, but I've been assured it's good [or possibly this is a "setting up the yank" thang]).

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                                While it is a bummer that neither Don nor Stewart are speaking any longer, the line up still has some interesting guests so I will staunch my disappointment with a Pimms (still not entirely sure what that is, but I've been assured it's good [or possibly this is a "setting up the yank" thang]).
                                I believe it's a VERY alcoholic fruit punch thing......I shall be examining the York beer.........

Comment

Working...
                                X