Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzi's Funeral

This will take place at 2.30PM, Thursday 16th November at
    South Chapel, Portsmouth Cemetery, Porchester. Suzi's husband Anton has requested please NO flowers - instead people are welcome to make a donation to cancer research, either online or by cheque to South Downs Funeral Service, who will pass on the donation. South Downs will also pass on condolence cards to Anton - just send to
    Anton Hanney
    c/o South Downs Funeral Service
    13 The Square
    Wickham
    Fareham
    PO17 5JG
    Tel 01329 833920

Originally posted by Robert View Post
    This will take place at 2.30PM, Thursday 16th November at
    South Chapel, Portsmouth Cemetery, Porchester. Suzi's husband Anton has requested please NO flowers - instead people are welcome to make a donation to cancer research, either online or by cheque to South Downs Funeral Service, who will pass on the donation. South Downs will also pass on condolence cards to Anton - just send to
    Anton Hanney
    c/o South Downs Funeral Service
    13 The Square
    Wickham
    Fareham
    PO17 5JG
    Tel 01329 833920
    Hi Robert

Many thanks for this information, Robert.

As I noted on another forum, I knew Suzi from the Jack the Ripper conferences held in London and elsewhere. I wasn't aware that she lived in Wickham. It so happens that Donna and I have friends who live in the Fareham, Portsmouth area, in the village of Stubbington. Geoff Andrews is a school friend of mine from Liverpool in the Sixties and he and his wife Rena, also a Liverpudlian, cemented their relationship at the Silver Blades Ice Rink where the DJ was Bob Wooller, previously DJ at the Cavern where the Beatles played. Donna and I have known Geoff and Rena and their children and families for a long number of years and usually visit them when we are in the US.

A few years ago, I requested that Geoff take Donna and myself to Wickham, because, interesting to us as Americans, the old watermill at Wickham, is partly constructed of timbers of the U.S. Navy frigate USS Chesapeake, later HMS Chesapeake, broken up in Portsmouth following the War of 1812 after being captured by the Royal Navy during the war. As many of you may know, besides being a Ripperologist, I am an author on the War of 1812 in the Chesapeake Bay and have published two books on the topic.

The "Chesapeake Mill" in Wickham is now an antiques and bric-a-brac center and well worth a visit. In any case, when I posted photographs of the mill, as might be expected, Suzi contacted me to let me know she lived in Wickham!

Best regards

Chris

[/url]
    Last edited by ChrisGeorge; 11-11-2017, 08:38 PM.
    Christopher T. George
    Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
    just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
    For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
    RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

NB The above should read "Portsmouth CREMATORIUM, PorTchester."

Sorry for any confusion.

Comment

Working...
      X