The Lost Book Of Nostradamus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
    One of Nostradamus prophecies was that there will be a huge nuclear explosion in France.

Where is Cern again?
    More to the point - where, in Nostradamus, is the prediction that there would be a huge nuclear explosion in France?
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

There are a few, but again they are open to interpratation,
      off the top of my head,

Century I Quatrain 90
      Bordeaux and Poitiers, at the sound of the bell
      Will go in great force to Langon
      The wind will be against the French
      And a hideous monster will be born near Orgon

Many commentators believe this point's to nuclear disaster in the area of France.

Century VI Quatrain 98
      Ruin for the Volcae so very terrible with fear, Their great city stained, pestilential deed: To plunder Sun and Moon and to violate their temples: And to redden the two rivers flowing with blood.

The Volcae is now France.

Century VIII Quatrain 21
      Three foists will enter the port of Agde carrying the infection and pestilence, not the faith. Passing the bridge they will carry off a million, the bridge is broken by the resistance of a third.

All of the above three are undated but believed to happen in the first 10 years of 2000, they are open to interpretation, but many commentators believe they point to a French Nuclear Disaster.
      Regards Mike

Comment

I believe the actual translation is;

At some point something will happen
        Somewhere in the world
        I'm not sure what it is going to be
        Will this do?

Stunningly accurate, I think we can all agree.
        Roll up the lino, Mother. We're raising Behemoth tonight!

Comment

I agree Steje73, in fact I have been working on some prophecies myself,

Clouds will be over France next week,

The waves will lap along a foreign shore,

And in Hull, it will rain, rain rain!
          Regards Mike

Comment

Hello Mike!

I agree Steje73, in fact I have been working on some prophecies myself,

Clouds will be over France next week,

The waves will lap along a foreign shore,

And in Hull, it will rain, rain rain!
            So, you've finally solved the mystery around Nostradamus;

He made weather-forecasts for the BBC hundreds of years ahead!

Great, excellent, marvellous...

All the best
            Jukka
            "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

And the BBC cannot get it right one week in advance!
              Regards Mike

Comment

Thanks, Mike. None of that seems to point to a nuclear explosion - as one might expect for a plague doctor living in belligerent times, Nostradamus was evidently thinking rather literally about conventional wars or plagues.

Certainly, none of the various communities known as Langon appears to be near CERN. The mention of Poitiers and Bordeaux in the same quatrain might suggest a Western location for Langon, and there is a town of that name in Brittany (northwest France). I shouldn't be surprised if Nostradamists over the years had suggested that "Langon" was an opaque and tenuous reference to England ("Anglon"), such is the acrobatic thinking required to interpret these verses.

Whatever, the chances of a nuclear disaster arising from the LHC are incredibly small - the amount of matter being hurled around there simply doesn't possess enough energy to create much of a nuclear explosion anyway. I read yesterday that the protons in the beam, albeit accelerated to 99.9999997% the speed of light, will, when they meet head-on, only possess the combined energy of two gnats colliding in mid-air.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Hi Sam,

one of the commentators of Nostradamus work takes the first reading to be about the nuclear disaster to be near Gironde, which is home to what he says, is the nations biggest nuclear reactor. The location is 20 miles upriver from Bordeaux, which in turn is 30 miles upriver from Langon.

Poitiers is 100 miles north east of the E.D.F Centrale Nucleaire du Blayais.
                  Regards Mike

Comment

one of the commentators of Nostradamus work takes the first reading to be about the nuclear disaster to be near Gironde, which is home to what he says, is the nations biggest nuclear reactor.
                    There is a Langon in the Gironde region, true enough, however Nostradamus clearly has an armed conflict in mind - "great forces" going to Langon from Poitiers and Bordeaux. This may be reinforced by the fact that the staunchly pro-catholic Ducs de Guise had a château at Orgon, also mentioned in the quatrain. More than one Duc de Guise (especially, perhaps, those in power when the prophecies were being written) could justifiably have been seen as "monsters" in the eyes of the French Protestants, of whom Nostradamus was a celebrated example.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

That makes more sense Sam.

The funny thing is, with most of Nostradamus work, is there are several translations of the one verse!

I went on a website earlier and found totally different translations of the prophecies, thats before anybody starts to make any sense of them!
                      Regards Mike

Comment

Hello you all!

Here is, what I've found from discussions of the website of a Finnish science magazine "Tiede" (=Science):

"Nostradamus on mm. ennustanut, että 2006-2012 alkaa kolmas maailmansota, joka melko varmasti tarkoittaisi meille suomalaisille kuolemaa ydinpommista tai vastaavasta."

In English:

"Nostradamus has predicted, among other things, that between 2006-2012 there will be The World War III, that pretty certainly would mean a death to us Finnish because of a nuclear bomb or something similar."

Oh-oh, Dr. Strangelove is on the run again...

All the best
                        Jukka
                        "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Originally posted by j.r-ahde View Post
                          Hello you all!

Here is, what I've found from discussions of the website of a Finnish science magazine "Tiede" (=Science):

"Nostradamus on mm. ennustanut, että 2006-2012 alkaa kolmas maailmansota, joka melko varmasti tarkoittaisi meille suomalaisille kuolemaa ydinpommista tai vastaavasta."

In English:

"Nostradamus has predicted, among other things, that between 2006-2012 there will be The World War III, that pretty certainly would mean a death to us Finnish because of a nuclear bomb or something similar."

Oh-oh, Dr. Strangelove is on the run again...

All the best
                          Jukka
                          Let's not forget that Noseydamebus used a different calender anyway so all the predicted dates are irrelephant.
                          I didn't do it, a big boy did it and ran away.

Comment

Perhaps when he mentioned "Langon" he was mishearing his secret voice and it was "L'Aiglon". He was hearing a futuristic prediction about a play by Edmund Rostand about Emperor Napoleon's son and heir, "the Eaglet" that became one of Sarah Bernhardt's big stage roles!

Actually it is challenging to invent his quadrains:

There is sorrow in the law and education,
                            The mount will end in wetness, taming the unhappiness.
                            Pounds and pebbles and a mystery.
                            And Big Mac will pronounce the killer dead.

But I was under the impression one of his quadrains really did predict a tragedy - the death of King Henri II of France in a jousting accident in 1559.

Jeff

P.S.

Don't worry Jukka - I don't think, if we have World War III, that Finland would be one of the battlefields. That is, unless Putin decides there are small parts of the country with large enclaves of Byelorussians in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                              Perhaps when he mentioned "Langon" he was mishearing his secret voice and it was "L'Aiglon". He was hearing a futuristic prediction about a play by Edmund Rostand about Emperor Napoleon's son and heir, "the Eaglet" that became one of Sarah Bernhardt's big stage roles!

Actually it is challenging to invent his quadrains:

There is sorrow in the law and education,
                              The mount will end in wetness, taming the unhappiness.
                              Pounds and pebbles and a mystery.
                              And Big Mac will pronounce the killer dead.

But I was under the impression one of his quadrains really did predict a tragedy - the death of King Henri II of France in a jousting accident in 1559.

Jeff

P.S.

Don't worry Jukka - I don't think, if we have World War III, that Finland would be one of the battlefields. That is, unless Putin decides there are small parts of the country with large enclaves of Byelorussians in it.
                              Not really, all of his prophesies are so ambiguous.

There will be weather,
                              somewhere, at sometime.
                              And it will rain.
                              And the sun will shine.
                              I didn't do it, a big boy did it and ran away.

Comment

watched it on you tube a few weeks ago ,not that impressed ,it could have been the work of Nostradamus but that does not mean it predicts the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X