No announcement yet.

Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only reason I would recommend getting this game is to walk around the murder scenes but the game play is VERY limited

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
      The only reason I would recommend getting this game is to walk around the murder scenes but the game play is VERY limited
      Every location is miniaturized -- streets are a lot shorter, places are a lot closer to each other -- so you don't really get a real feeling of places such as Buck's Row and Dutfield's Yard. But the game does have a good grasp of known facts.

Comment

I started playing this game a few years ago... but got bored rather quickly, I admit I am not a gamer at all though.....the style of play made me feel a bit sick too....but it was interesting at first....never finished it, figure I got about 1/2 way thru... what happens at the end.. I don't mind spoilers.. i'll never finish it

Steadmund Brand
        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

somewhat off topic-but is there any other movie out there other than Murder by decree-that is Sherlock holms vs jack the ripper?
          "Is all that we see or seem
          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
            somewhat off topic-but is there any other movie out there other than Murder by decree-that is Sherlock holms vs jack the ripper?
            Interesting question. I don't know of any other movie, but there is at least one novel and a few comics about this match-up.

Also off-topic, but perhaps of interest to some here, I have seen advertising for a new Sherlock Holmes comicbook/ graphic novel series which looks as if it will be set in our favorite part of London.
            Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
            ---------------
            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
            ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
              Yes, 1965's A Study in Terror is another Holmes/Ripper film....probably others just nothing comes to mind at this moment

Steadmund Brand
              "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                I started playing this game a few years ago... but got bored rather quickly, I admit I am not a gamer at all though.....the style of play made me feel a bit sick too....but it was interesting at first....never finished it, figure I got about 1/2 way thru... what happens at the end.. I don't mind spoilers.. i'll never finish it

Steadmund Brand
                You may drag the mouse over the hard-to-see text below to see the spoilers:

The killer is Jacob Levy, and the witness who refuses to testify against him is Joseph Levy (the Mitre Square eyewitness), because he is related to Jacob. Would-be suspects like Walter Sickert and Francis Tumblety also appear in the game.

Comment

Very interesting, YomRippur. Thank you!
                  Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                  ---------------
                  Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                  ---------------

Comment

Thank you,

Steadmund Brand

Comment

Working...
                    X