50s TV shows they haven't made into movies YET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50s TV shows they haven't made into movies YET

Flowing from another thread wha ones aren't they done yet?????
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Cheyenne
    Wanted: Dead or Alive
    Wagon Train
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
      Cheyenne
      Wanted: Dead or Alive
      Wagon Train
      Interesting choices.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Title was meant to be 50s and 60s.
        G U T

Comment

Lots of ITC stuff - Danger Man, The Prisoner, Department S/Jason King, Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased), The Champions.

Comment

Don't give them ideas for gawds sake!

Comment

Originally posted by StevenOwl View Post
              Lots of ITC stuff - Danger Man, The Prisoner, Department S/Jason King, Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased), The Champions.
              Too late for Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) - it was remade, blimey, nearly two decades ago!

I couldn't bring myself to watch it when it was broadcast, but looking at the list of people involved it might be worth a watch.

Otherwise, I'm generally with Harry on this, but I have to put forward Land of the Giants for a remake.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                Too late for Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) - it was remade, blimey, nearly two decades ago!

I couldn't bring myself to watch it when it was broadcast, but looking at the list of people involved it might be worth a watch.

Otherwise, I'm generally with Harry on this, but I have to put forward Land of the Giants for a remake.
                Remade for TV though, not film. I really liked the remake. Not as good as the original, but very well done with some excellent performances.

Comment

Remade for TV though, not film. I really liked the remake. Not as good as the original, but very well done with some excellent performances.
                  Ah, well spotted. My apologies, I somehow overlooked the title of the thread.

I will have to catch up with the remake.

Comment

The Rogues
                    September Bride*
                    My Little Margie*
                    The Rifleman
                    Branded

*Popular American sitcoms of the 1950s - doubtful if there is a film market for them today.

Comment

They did remake The Prisoner a few years ago.

Comment

They did 'Wanted: Dead or Alive' back in the 80's.

Comment

Mayberry (Andy Griffith Show)
                          Seahunt (but I think that wasn't 50s)
                          Highway Patrol
                          The Army Game (British TV)
                          Dixon of Dock Green (although that was derived from a movie)

Comment

I'd really love to contribute to this thread but I'm obviously way to young to make any meaningful contribution!

Comment

The Four Just Men.

Comment

Working...
                              X