No announcement yet.

Joseph Lawende's home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booth's man gets a little lyrical when describing Norfolk Road saying 'Its houses have small back gardens in which newly washed clothes were drying. Over the walls you caught sight of the heads of sunflowers and hollyhocks'.
    Ha , Ha , it is still the same today .. apart from the outside loo

moonbegger

Comment

Originally posted by moonbegger View Post
      Hello Robert , i am just picking the bones out of my own family history regarding Norfolk/Mitchison rd .. and it turns out , my Great Great Nan & Grandad ( Jack & Jess ) lived next door to #45 at #43 my Granddad owned quite a few houses in the street . My uncle and Aunt lived a #45 for a while ..
      Holy cow ! this is like Pandora's box !

cheers

moonbegger
      Grandad JACK?

Comment

Originally posted by evertonmarc View Post
        Grandad JACK?

Hello Marc , His name was actually Albert .. But he happened to be a bare knuckle boxing champion and was given the nickname "jack" ( go figure

moonbegger

Comment

Hello all , I have just stumbled upon another photograph of Norfolk Rd ( Lawande's home ) This photo was taken almost directly opposite #45 .. This is my home street quite a few years before I was born .. hope you find it of interest ..
          Attached Files

Comment

Trivia

In case anyone was wondering, "Lawende" was pronounced something like "lavender", with the emphasis on the underlined midsection - a bit like "East Ender", oddly enough.
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Thanks for the photo moonbegger.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I think it may be mid 50's ? ?

Comment

Working...
                X