Albrook vs Harvey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albrook vs Harvey

I'm trying to reconcile the events preceding the murder of MJK.

Lizzie wasn't called at the inquest, and her testimony seems to be contradicting Maria Harvey's.

Is there a proof somewhere that discredit Mrs Albrook's report on the night?

Thank you.
    Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
    - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

I don't see their statements contradicting anything, I presume you mean that neither of those ladies mentioned the other?

Had either of them said that they left Mary alone with Joseph Barnett then we would have an issue. As it stands the Coroner is only interested when Harvey last saw Mary, not precisely who else was with Mary at the time.
    And the reporter who spoke with Albrook kept her statement short, again only interested in when she last saw the victim, perhaps omitting any mention of Harvey?

Neither of those women said Mary was alone with Barnett.
    Likely, just another example of us today expecting to get more than we have.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      I don't see their statements contradicting anything, I presume you mean that neither of those ladies mentioned the other?

Had either of them said that they left Mary alone with Joseph Barnett then we would have an issue. As it stands the Coroner is only interested when Harvey last saw Mary, not precisely who else was with Mary at the time.
      And the reporter who spoke with Albrook kept her statement short, again only interested in when she last saw the victim, perhaps omitting any mention of Harvey?

Neither of those women said Mary was alone with Barnett.
      Likely, just another example of us today expecting to get more than we have.
      It seems they both left when Barnett arrived, which is a bit weird if they didn't see each others.
      Not looking for a clue or a lie. Just trying to reconstruct the timeline.
      Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
      - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

Originally posted by SirJohnFalstaff View Post
        It seems they both left when Barnett arrived, which is a bit weird if they didn't see each others.
        Well, they don't say they didn't see each other, they were only asked when they last saw Mary.
        As for them leaving when Barnett arrived, that's just common courtesy, Barnett was her boyfriend afterall.
        It is a shame they didn't mention each other, but we can't infer anything by that.
        Just go with the timelines as given.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
        X