Frank Cater-Bethnal Green Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Lech,

It's a relief to see you on a less serious thread (apologies to Sluggo!). I have to say, waiting for you to respond to my inane Lechmere questions has felt like waiting outside the headmaster's office at times. I will try harder, sir, in future, I promise.

MrB

Comment

Hi Mr. B, thanks for that. I believe that's my number of posts since 2008. If my posts here since 1998 were all added up it would be just ridiculous. If only posts of mine worth reading were added up, I'd be right back to newbie status.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
        Abberline followed the trail to old Hamsterdam but the cheese was terribly old and even Walter Mildew couldn't help.
        Hello All,
        You crack me up with the "Cheese".
        So, if I am understanding correctly. The hand bill with Cater's name on it was to put it simply an advertisement for his wares?.

And to respond regarding if I know something that no-one else knows, I highly doubt that.

It just seems to me that Kate may have been up to something. I am not sure quite what. I just know so far there are a lot of holes in the investigation into her murder, therefore, I try not to overlook any possible clue.

As the quote stated in my first post: One of the first principles to solving crime is, Never to disregard anything, no matter how TRIVIAL.

Thank you again for the dialogue and the help. My quest continues...

D. Chavira (Sluggo)

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
          Hi Slugg. I researched Frank and his brother way back in the day. Even had a photo of them at one point. There was apparently no connection between them and the murder. The handbill was simply one of many pieces of rubbish in the square.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
          Thank you Tom!

Comment

Hi Sluggo,

As Tom suggests above, the handbill was probably just a piece of garbage blowing around in the square. It was almost certainly an advertisement for Frank Cater's grocery business in the Bethnal Green Road.

What is interesting, though, is that the City police (presumably) bothered to record it. They obviously subscribed to the same principles as you.

Regards,

MrB

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
              Hi Sluggo,

As Tom suggests above, the handbill was probably just a piece of garbage blowing around in the square. It was almost certainly an advertisement for Frank Cater's grocery business in the Bethnal Green Road.

What is interesting, though, is that the City police (presumably) bothered to record it. They obviously subscribed to the same principles as you.

Regards,

MrB
              Thank you Mr. B
              I subscribe to detail.

Sluggo.

Comment

If it was noticed, out of my own curiosity, where was the Cater notice found with relation to the corpse of the victim? Next to her, or underneath her? Was it in a pocket in her dress or coat or what?

Comment

Just in the general area. Not on her person. I believe it was noticed by a press man, probably long after the body had been moved.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                    Just in the general area. Not on her person. I believe it was noticed by a press man, probably long after the body had been moved.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                    Hi Tom,
                    If the Hand Bill was found long after the body was taken to the Golden Lane Mortuary. That would not explain why it is included in the Official Inventory of Catherine's possessions that were catalogued. Seems logical that if it was found after the body was removed from the crime scene, that it has nothing to do with the case what so ever, it then just becomes a piece of paper traveling with the wind through Mitre Square...

Best Regards,

D. Chavira (Sluggo)

Comment

Originally posted by Sluggo View Post
                      Hi Tom,
                      If the Hand Bill was found long after the body was taken to the Golden Lane Mortuary. That would not explain why it is included in the Official Inventory of Catherine's possessions that were catalogued. Seems logical that if it was found after the body was removed from the crime scene, that it has nothing to do with the case what so ever, it then just becomes a piece of paper traveling with the wind through Mitre Square...

Best Regards,

D. Chavira (Sluggo)
                      Hi All,
                      I took a look at the Timeline for Catherine. The official inventory of her belonings was taken by Inspector Collard after she had been taken to the mortuary. There is no mention of the Hand Bill with Frank Cater's name on it. The reference is EIR 101 in the article references. I believe I can put this mystery to bed.
                      I thank you all for your help with this. It helps to get different perspectives.
                      I do believe it was simply blowing in the wind through Mitre Square....

Best Regards,

D. Chavira (Sluggo)

Comment

Hi Sluggo,

So Dylan was wrong then?

MrB

Comment

Hi Sluggo,

So Dylan was wrong then?

MrB
                          Hello Mr. B,
                          You will have to excuse my denseness today, But Dylan who???? It is not coming to mind at the moment.

Best Regards, (Happy New Year)

D. Chavira (Sluggo)

Comment

Hi Sluggo,

It's probably a generational thing.

I was referring to Bob Dylan - 'The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind..' .

In this case, probably not!

Regards, and a happy new year to you.

MrB
                            Last edited by MrBarnett; 12-31-2013, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Hi Sluggo,

It's probably a generational thing.

I was referring to Bob Dylan - 'The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind..' .

In this case, probably not!

Regards, and a happy new year to you.

MrB
                              Ahhhhh! Yes, actually he was just a little before my musical awareness took effect. I am an 80's girl...
                              But i am familiar with the song.... Huge David Bowie fan though....

I digress..
                              Have a safe Holiday...

Sluggo.

Comment

Sluggo,

You are the same generation as my daughter. Sad thing is, her taste in music was New Kids On The Block. I once had to accompany her and several of her whistle-blowing friends to a concert at Wembley and almost got into a punch-up with a peed off commuter.

Apologies for going even deeper off topic.

Good luck with your 2014 Ripper hunting.

MrB

Comment

Working...
                                X