Victorian Underworld Reanactment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victorian Underworld Reanactment

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew of any Victorian reenactment groups (Based in England, preferably not too far from west yorkshire area)?

Iv always loved history (especially the Victorian underworld), aswell as drama and costumes so thought it would be a perfect way of combining hobbies and meeting others interested in the same things.

Iv heard of something called 'The Ragged Victorians' but I think they are more 'Dickensian' than Jack's era, not sure though as cant seem to find much information about them...

If anyone has any info about anything like this it would be much appreciated.

Hi MJK

Here's a directory of various historical re-enactors, plus you can contact the site to ask for info.

Over the years we have received many requests from schools, media companies and historic venues for details of re-enactors, in order to help to bring...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
      Hi MJK

Here's a directory of various historical re-enactors, plus you can contact the site to ask for info.

http://www.historic-uk.com/LivingHis...torsDirectory/
      Thank you!

Comment

There was a wonderful book out ..partly on The 40 Elephant gang that lasted on and off for 125 years or so.
        Also known as The 40 Thieves gang. All women.

First in papers in around 1871 I believe ..though started around 1830 through to around 1950.

Worth looking up I think.

Happy New Year.😊

Phil
        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
        Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
          There was a wonderful book out ..partly on The 40 Elephant gang that lasted on and off for 125 years or so.
          Also known as The 40 Thieves gang. All women.

First in papers in around 1871 I believe ..though started around 1830 through to around 1950.

Worth looking up I think.

Happy New Year.😊

Phil

Sounds really interesting, Im deffo going to find out more about them never heard of this gang before! Thanks and happy new year too

Comment

Working...
          X