Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Abberline Diaries

Folks,
    I am listening to the latest, excellent, Rippercast, and Paul Begg refers in passing to the so called "Abberline Diaries" as used by Melvyn Fairclough to support his "Royal Conspiracy" theory in his book "The Ripper and the Royals".

Has anyone apart from Mr Fairclough ever seen these "diaries"?

Is it now generally accepted that these "diaries" were faked by Joseph Sickert?

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
    Folks,
    I am listening to the latest, excellent, Rippercast, and Paul Begg refers in passing to the so called "Abberline Diaries" as used by Melvyn Fairclough to support his "Royal Conspiracy" theory in his book "The Ripper and the Royals".

Just a question that surfaced when reading barnflatwyngardes post:

Was there ever any diary, written by a person of fame, that was discovered only after that persons death - and that was NOT a fake? Hitler, Mussolini, Maybrick, Abberline ...
    This link:

makes for refreshing reading.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
      Folks,

It would appear so.
      Christopher T. George
      Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
      just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
      For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
      RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

Was there ever any diary, written by a person of fame, that was discovered only after that persons death - and that was NOT a fake? Hitler, Mussolini, Maybrick, Abberline ...
        This link:

Hi Fish,

Hope you enjoyed Norway.

Let's hope a Lechmere Diary never surfaces because we can guess who will get the blame
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
          Hi Fish,

Hope you enjoyed Norway.

Let's hope a Lechmere Diary never surfaces because we can guess who will get the blame
          Goes to show what I am saying - you would immediately work from the presumption that it was a fake. And so would I.

But I don´t think that Pierre would go to such lenghts to exonerate the carman.

Comment

If I recall correctly in the 'Abberline' diary it was signed GF Abberline instead of FG! A diarist not knowing his own name is about as big a howler as you can get. I don't know of anyone else who ever saw it though but I think I can name one person that I'm sure never did....Abberline!
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

If I recall correctly in the 'Abberline' diary it was signed GF Abberline instead of FG!
              Reminds me of Konrad Kujau who forged the Hitler Diaries, and decided to emboss the cover of each volume with the letters "AH". Unfortunately, he didn't quite understand the ornate Olde English lettering, and used "FH" by mistake. The "FH" used by Kujau is at the top of the image below, but the bottom is what "AH" really looks like in that font:

Click image for larger version

Name:	FH-AH.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	667181

Remarkably, none of the experts hired to verify the Hitler Diaries seem to have spotted this, yet the initials appeared on volume after volume after volume.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                Reminds me of Konrad Kujau who forged the Hitler Diaries, and decided to emboss the cover of each volume with the letters "AH". Unfortunately, he didn't quite understand the ornate Olde English lettering, and used "FH" by mistake. The "FH" used by Kujau is at the top of the image below, but the bottom is what "AH" really looks like in that font:

[ATTACH]18325[/ATTACH]

Remarkably, none of the experts hired to verify the Hitler Diaries seem to have spotted this, yet the initials appeared on volume after volume after volume.
                I'm not suggesting the Hitler Diaries are real - but it could have been Hitler who misunderstood the font - or preferred the aesthetic of FH. The FH does look a more eye pleasing AH than the accurate version.

Comment

Goes to show what I am saying - you would immediately work from the presumption that it was a fake. And so would I.

But I don´t think that Pierre would go to such lenghts to exonerate the carman.
                  Certainly not at present Fish.

Steve

Comment

Hi Fish,

Hope you enjoyed Norway.

If it's "fished" out of the North Sea you'll know.
                    Christopher T. George
                    Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                    just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                    For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                    RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

[ATTACH]18325[/ATTACH]

That's the problem with Olde English Sam. Even the 'h' doesn't look much like an 'h' to me.
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Anne Frank?

And much like Maybrick her fame came from the diary itself.
                        My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Samuel Pepys is probably the most famous. In the uk at least.
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Samuel Pepys is probably the most famous.
                            I'm here to tell you that it didn't match his handwriting.

... that's because he wrote it in shorthand. Tee hee!

(Strange but true)
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

This link:

I think the Orton Diaries only came to light a few years after his death.

Comment

Working...
                              X