Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surgical expertise, anatomical knowledge. So on and so forth..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does it have to be five minutes? We both know that a witness can be certain and yet be mistaken. If Lawende's identification was of someone other than Eddowes, there would have been a lot more time than that, Trevor.
    Couldn't agree more Colin...we seem to be trapped in this Quickfire Ripper scenario...a somewhat artificial construct...

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
      Couldn't agree more Colin...we seem to be trapped in this Quickfire Ripper scenario...a somewhat artificial construct...
      It's not particularly quickfire, Dave. As I said, it's surprising what can be done in 5 minutes - unpleasant though it may be, just put yourself in the Ripper's shoes. Eddowes? Five minutes more than enough. Kelly? Half an hour, fine - although that's not to say he might have lingered a little longer with a roof over his head.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• But Gareth, that 5 minutes includes the 150ft walk down Church Passage and across the square, I'm assuming he wouldn't drag her there like they were running for a bus.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
          Trevor, the 5 minute timing is your claim, not Jon's.
          The 5 mins is based on witness testimony.

What do you do ignore that because it doesn't fit someone's theory and then throw in another time frame which loosely fits ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridewell View Post

Eddowes left Bishopsgate PS at 1am. Arrived in Mitre Square around 1.10am.
            Just a thought but why?

Isn't it more probable that Cathrine Endows was broke and headed back to her spot to solicit? That would take her back to where she had been arrested in Aldgate High Street...approx 20 minute walk from Bishopgate police station...

Then we have the trajectory of Jack.... If he kills Stide at 12.50 and is seen in Whitechurch lane at 1.20 am.... Its more probable he meets Eddows at St Botolph's around 1.25-30 am taking the short walk to church passage 1.35am

Just a timing thought

Yours Jeff
            Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 12-07-2015, 02:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
              The 5 mins is based on witness testimony.

What do you do ignore that because it doesn't fit someone's theory and then throw in another time frame which loosely fits ?

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
              Hi Trevor

I don't know if i'm missing something here but isn't the only suspect without any suggested medical knowledge Carl Feigenbaum a merchant seaman?

I'm not certain how this fits your current position?

Yours Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
                Hi Trevor

I don't know if i'm missing something here but isn't the only suspect without any suggested medical knowledge Carl Feigenbaum a merchant seaman?

I'm not certain how this fits your current position?

Yours Jeff
                Jeff
                Feigenbaum and any other suspect fits well if the organs were not removed at the crime scenes.

Comment

• Wasn't the disembowellment done to access the missing bits?

Comment

• As has been said here already, victims that were slashed and sliced somewhat indiscriminately and without an apparent subsequent objective....like the way Annie was opened, where all actions were geared towards a clean extraction of the uterus....( ie...Kates face and colon, Marys face and organs.... excised even though they were not required to be so to access the heart, which was the only organ taken), did not require much or any formal education or practice.

The way that Annie was mutilated convinced the police and the medical experts that her killer had some of both skill sets.

Cheers
                    Michael Richards

Comment

Jeff
                      Feigenbaum and any other suspect fits well if the organs were not removed at the crime scenes.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                      OK you lost me there a little

Your suggesting that the body was slashed by an amateur at the scene

i.e. someone like Feigenbaum who was a sailor who later became a gardener..

And the organs were removed professionally at the mortuary by someone like Mann... ?

or are you suggesting the organs were removed else where and the body dumped in Mitre Square?

Was this before or after eddows dropped the apron/tampax in the Goulston Street doorway?

Yours Jeff
                      Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 12-07-2015, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
                        OK you lost me there a little

Your suggesting that the body was slashed by an amateur at the scene
                        YES

i.e. someone like Feigenbaum who was a sailor who later became a gardener..
                        YES

And the organs were removed professionally at the mortuary by someone like Mann... ?
                        Not someone like Mann but someone with anatomical knowledge !

or are you suggesting the organs were removed else where and the body dumped in Mitre Square?
                        NO

Was this before or after eddows dropped the apron/tampax in the Goulston Street doorway?

If the killer didn't take it from the crime scene it had to get there by another means did it not ?

Yours Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                          But Gareth, that 5 minutes includes the 150ft walk down Church Passage and across the square
                          Ah! Just to be clear, my 5 minutes only refers to the period of murder and mutilation.
                          I'm assuming he wouldn't drag her there like they were running for a bus.
                          The "getting-there" time is tricky to gauge. At a leisurely pace, I suppose it could have taken two or three minutes to get from Church Passage to the other end of the Square; however, it's not inconceivable that, eager to get things done (whatever "things" were), they got there quicker.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                            Ah! Just to be clear, my 5 minutes only refers to the period of murder and mutilation.
                            The "getting-there" time is tricky to gauge. At a leisurely pace, I suppose it could have taken two or three minutes to get from Church Passage to the other end of the Square; however, it's not inconceivable that, eager to get things done (whatever "things" were), they got there quicker.
                            Not inconceivable either Gareth that the killer was in the square killing and already cutting when Lawende saw someone outside the square. I dont believe in simply assuming mad dashes or wild slashes to account for a time that is established by a witness that 2 weeks after the event "could not recognize her again". Lawendes sighting isnt a rock solid foundation in time.

If Lawende didnt see Kate, then the square is available from Watkins last pass through before the discovery and Harveys glance into the square.

Cheers Sam.
                            Michael Richards

Comment

If the killer didn't take it from the crime scene it had to get there by another means did it not ?
                              It just astounds me how many ripperologists are willing to jump through the most improbable 'holes' to join pieces of a theory...

Surely the very simple and most logical explanation that the killer simply cut the apron to wipe his hands or rap the missing kidney.....then paused in the doorway to wipe his hands of any blood or feces, is the most logical explanation?

This is after all the conclusion most of the investigating officers came too at the time?

Yours Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

If Lawende didnt see Kate, then the square is available from Watkins last pass through before the discovery and Harveys glance into the square.

Cheers Sam.
                                It was 1.35 am in the morning the streets were hardly packed with hundreds of people...Lawende had been waiting because of the rain when he left the cub.... The chances of him seeing another couple one of whom looks like Eddows, is surely at best slim?

Surely simply going with the most obvious solution...that Lawende saw Kate is not only the most logical explanation but, as I observed to Trevor, the conclusion investigating officers came to at the time?

Yours Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X