X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
    Hello John,

Let us list the ways:

- Local butcher. Had the anatomical knowledge for the murders.
    - Grew up at the heart of the murder sites and would've known the area.
    - He was sent to asylum in August 1890.
    - His wife claimed that he prowled the streets at all hours and that he feels he will "do violence to someone" if not restrained.
    - Witnessed his brother's suicide at a young age - possible trauma? Told his wife that his brother cut his own throat, when he actually hung himself. Why the lie?
    - His mother died in June 1888 - possible trigger?
    - He died from complications with syphilis - possible motive against prostitutes?
    - Joseph Levy (witness at the Eddowes inquest) was his cousin, which might explain Joseph's suspicious behaviour.
    - He was sent to Stone asylum. Robert Anderson's wife said that the Ripper was sent to an asylum "near Stone".
    - Was possibly the Butcher's Row suspect.

A lot of circumstantial evidence, sure, but as far as Ripper suspects go there's a much stronger case for Levy than anyone else, in my opinion.
    Hi Harry
    Except that nothing ties him to any of the murders, except possibly the Joseph levy connection, and that is even tenious at best.

He seems to fit one of the general profiles, but I suspect that hundreds if not thousands of men who had mental issues, we're violent and lived in the area would. I just wish that the researchers would also look at gentile men who fit the description and not just continue the wild goose chase looking for crazy Jews that Anderson started. How many crazy non Jewish men would also fit the circumstantial evidence? Has anyone done that or is it always just the Jew?

That being said, he is an intriguing character and definitely not one of the silly type suspects. I do applaud the research that has gone into him and the discovery of the possible family connection with one of the witnesses but until there is something more solid that ties him to any the murders I'm afraid he is wayyyyyy down the list. IMHO of course.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      I just wish that the researchers would also look at gentile men who fit the description ... Has anyone done that or is it always just the Jew?
      Has anyone done that
      Huh?

... but until there is something more solid that ties him to any the murders I'm afraid he is wayyyyyy down the list.
      wayyyyyy down the list.
      Huh?

What list?

Roy
      Sink the Bismark

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Corduroy View Post
        Huh?

Huh?

What list?

Roy
        Hi Roy
        Since the time of Andersons claim that the ripper was a crazy Jew, the search has been on to find the ripper in Jewish men in asylums starting with Kosminsky, through, kaminsky/Cohen, and now one of the latest Jacob levy.

Other than kos, none of these other crazy jew suspects have any solid connection to the case whatsoever.

So I'm saying how about if we are looking for a violent crazy male, let's for once toss out Anderson's possibly prejudiced and wishful thinking Jew suspect, and look for violent mental non Jewish men to see if what we can come up with. Has anyone tried that yet? Or does it always have to be a Jew? That's my point.

The list is my list of viable suspects-sorry should have clarified.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
          Other than kos, none of these other crazy jew suspects have any solid connection to the case whatsoever.
          Hmmm. I think it remains to be seen just how solid the Kos connection is.

The best,
          Fisherman

Comment

Hello, Abby.

With respect, you seem more preoccupied with finding a non-Jewish suspect than finding the Ripper himself. Anderson's account of the "poor Polish Jew" is one of the best leads we have on the case, therefore it would be foolish for researchers not to pursue it.

Also, what is your standard of proof for tying ANY of the suspects to the murders?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
              Hello, Abby.

With respect, you seem more preoccupied with finding a non-Jewish suspect than finding the Ripper himself. Anderson's account of the "poor Polish Jew" is one of the best leads we have on the case, therefore it would be foolish for researchers not to pursue it.

Also, what is your standard of proof for tying ANY of the suspects to the murders?
              Hi Harry
              Fair enough and yes it's a lead that should be followed up, but Kosminski was the original suspect. The problem was researches when they found background on kos didn't think he fit the profile and evidence, so off they went looking for other crazy Jews. And thats been the trend ever since.I'm just saying that it's to the point where people seem fixated on finding the crazy Jew. Let's scour the asylum records for non jewish men is all I'm saying.

My standard for assessing potential suspects is first and foremost do they have any actual connection to the case (unlike levy, who just seems to fit the crazy Jew profile). Ex-hutch, kos, flemming etc. Secondly, were they suspects or at least persons of interest to the police. Ex-bury, Kelly, chapman.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

I think he does have a connection to the case via Joseph Hyam Levy being one of the witnesses at Church Passage.He seemed reluctant eventually to elucidate on the sighting,though he manages to quote a height for the suspect.Jacob lived bang in the location of the murders and around the corner from Goulston St.His trade would have familiarised him with anatomy.His mother died in March which is a potential trigger for a breakdown.I agree that it is all circumstantial and that nothing will be proven,but it gives him more credentials than many other named suspects IMHO.

Comment

I was watching some old JTR documentaries on youtube and came across this ending scene from a Sherlock Holmes vs Jack video game. It doesn't provide anything new concerning Levy but i found it an interesting watch nonetheless. (I didn't think it deserved its own thread so i figured I'd just put it here)

Part 39 - The Ending. This is it, the final video. I just want to thank everyone for their lovely comments and emails whilst I've been filming the game, I re...

Comment

Working...
                  X