X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert View Post

"'It only took a minute' to get 'A Picture of You' "

............."That's what love will do"
    Last edited by jimarilyn; 06-26-2008, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve S View Post
      Only a tram chase away(in period terms).....funnily enough,I travelled the other way to the Wake Arms in Epping Forest...Tottenham had something for perod crime....Other than Chapman working in West Green Rd & the afore-mentioned Anarchist outrage,Ethel LeNeve's sister's house was about 500yds from our's.......
      Steve
      Hi Steve,

I had a summer job for a few weeks in West Green Road when I was a student.

The Tottenham outrage ended less than half a mile from where I grew up. The anachists ended up in a cottage next to a pub at the top of Hale End Road.

I knew the Wake Arms well. Were you a motorbike rider by any chance? The Wake Arms always had loads of bikers outside.

I remember some very happy Sunday afternoons at High Beech too.
      Last edited by Limehouse; 06-26-2008, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• Even closer..I lived off Philip lane,up past the Bus Station.....Not a Biker,but part of the Teddy Boy revival of the early '70's.
        Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post

Oh boy Jimarilyn, that Bobby Darin track was sooo good. Too young to buy it in '62, I spent years looking for a copy in our local second hand record shop (the Vinyl Scrapyard) and managed to get a copy in about '82! Haven't listened to it for years though.
          Hi Limehouse, All,

We had a similar record shop in Croydon, brilliantly named the Vinyl Resting Place. Sadly the shop itself ceased trading recently but business continues online.

I saw Joe Brown many moons ago in Pump Boys & Dinettes, starring with Clodagh Rodgers (aaargh! memories of another terrible Eurovision Song Contest flooding back - bringing us back to Jack with Jack-in-the-Box ).

Joe’s daughter, Sam Brown, has appeared occasionally on tv (I think Jools Holland sometimes has her on his New Year's Eve Hootenanny show), but not nearly enough in my view. No other version of ‘Stop’ does it for me quite like hers.

Love,

Caz
          X
          Last edited by caz; 06-27-2008, 03:41 PM.
          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Hi Caz,

Yes, Sam Brown is a terrific performer. She used to perform with Joe and her mother, Joe's late wife Vicki. I saw them perform together at a Christmas Cabaret show in Seven Kings, Ilford many, many years ago and they brought the house down.

Limehouse

Comment

Working...
            X