JTR Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTR Books

Just got some new Ripper books not sure which to read first any suggestions the books are.
    Sickert and the ripper crimes by Jean Overton Fuller
    Naming jack the ripper by Russell Edwards
    The many faces of jack the ripper by M J Trow
    The lodger by Marie Belloc Lowndes
    Jack the ripper by Martin Fido
    The identity of jack the ripper by Donald McCormick

Martin Fido's book is by far the best.

Comment

Thamks for quick reply. I will read the Martin Fido. Funnily enough I am also currently. Reading(I read about ten books at a time) To kill and kill again by Fido.

Comment

Read Martin and Donald and use the rest to start fires.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

On second thoughts there is so much wrong in Russell Edward's it might not even be any good for getting a fire going.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
            Read Martin and Donald and use the rest to start fires.
            Agreed on Martin Fido, but why should someone read Donald McCormicks book?

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebauer View Post
              Agreed on Martin Fido, but why should someone read Donald McCormicks book?
              Woops wrong book sorry
              G U T

Comment

Originally posted by dannymc View Post
                Just got some new Ripper books not sure which to read first any suggestions the books are.
                Sickert and the ripper crimes by Jean Overton Fuller
                Naming jack the ripper by Russell Edwards
                The many faces of jack the ripper by M J Trow
                The lodger by Marie Belloc Lowndes
                Jack the ripper by Martin Fido
                The identity of jack the ripper by Donald McCormick
                How did you obtain that particular list of books on the subject?

If one could choose to randomly order the same number of Ripper related books i'd imagine it would turn out better.

Comment

The reason that I got these books was there was a section of the book shop full of true crime books several of which were jtr books. Upon looking through them there were about 30 jtr and of these the ones listed were the ones i didnt have so i got them.

Comment

I'm sure you'll get a laugh out of Edwards and Lowndes' story is a nice little piece of fiction, if a bit dated! I've never read Fuller's book on Sickert. Tell us what you think of it when you've finished please.

Comment

Working...
                    X