Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ws 1888

WS 1888

A nightmare of the Whitechapel Murders.... The last song sung by the Ripper's last victim.

and new website;

John Bennetts talk on 'Re-defining Ripperland' at Saturdays meet was awesome.

It was a pleasure to be there.

Monty
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Thanks Monty,

We have had some great feedback regarding this meeting and I have emailed John with our thanks. Watch out for the review (and photos) in the next Whitechapel Journal.

Cheers,
      Frogg.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
        John Bennetts talk on 'Re-defining Ripperland' at Saturdays meet was awesome.

It was a pleasure to be there.

Monty
        Yes, I'll second that! It was my first attendance at a WS1888 meeting, and what a first meeting it was. John's coverage of the murder sites and the changes they'd undergone over the years was fascinating.

All the best
        Andrew

Comment

Cheers Andrew,

Thanks for coming to the meeting last Saturday, we are particularly pleased with this years line-up of speakers - here is an early preview of our next meeting;

SATURDAY JUNE 5th
          'James Maybrick - the most controversial JtR suspect.
          CHRIS JONES

Chris Jones is a member of the Whitechapel Society and the author of the book 'The Maybrick A to Z.' In 2007 he organised the Trial of James Maybrick at Liverpool Cricket Club,' an event that was part of Liverpool's Capital of Culture celebrations. Chris is as much interested in the life of Florence Maybrick as he is in James. He has travelled to America on three occasions, including visiting the places where Florence was born and died, in an effort to find out new infomation on the Maybricks and his talk will include a large number of pictures and illustrations that have never been shown in any book. Chris will also present an objective analysis of whether James is a credible candidate to be JtR. His talk will include some of the new information that has come to light on this, the most controversial of Ripper suspects.

Be part of it - join the Whitechapel Society today!www.whitechapelsociety.com

Comment

Sounds good Frogg - can't guarantee I'll be able to get down again but will definitely try.

I have a quick question - I joined up at the last meeting (John Bennett's talk); am I awaiting some kind of official confirmation, a card or anything, so as I can prove that next time I make it along, or is it simply a case of giving my name at the desk?

Comment

Hi There,

We are looking at membership cards for members - this was ongoing but stopped for some reason!

Anyway, you can just turn up at the meetings because, as a member, we have your name on the membership list.

Best wishes,
              Frogg.

Comment

I don't suppose we get a badge?

Comment

Well the membership badge idea hasn't been ruled out and we are also looking into the membership card idea. I will bring this to the attention of the WS committee this June.

Best wishes,
                  Frogg

Comment

Working...
                  X