• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the two French students

Two French students killed by knife.
    About 250 stabs.
    Photofit by Scotland Yard.
    One suspect arrested, then released.
    And a French journalist, yesterday, evoked JtR.
    Horrible crime as an English "spécialité".

Horrible Crime

Whereas the French merely go in for wholesale beheading of innocent people during their Revolution!

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
      Two French students killed by knife.
      About 250 stabs.
      Photofit by Scotland Yard.
      One suspect arrested, then released.
      And a French journalist, yesterday, evoked JtR.
      Horrible crime as an English "spécialité".

Just as horrific as the English schoolgirl raped and murdered a few years ago at Nonant les Pins (I think is the name of the place).

And of course a real classic - the murder of John Cartland in Provence in 1973. Never solved, largely due to a completely bungled operation by the local police.

People who live in glass houses.....

Graham
      We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
        Just as horrific as the English schoolgirl raped and murdered a few years ago at Nonant les Pins (I think is the name of the place).

And of course a real classic - the murder of John Cartland in Provence in 1973. Never solved, largely due to a completely bungled operation by the local police.

Graham
        Hello Graham

Are you refering to the murder of an English student Teacher called Parrish?

I believe the town was Auxerre. A very strange case indeed where the policeman investigating the crime was also mysteriously murdered.

Was there not some hint of a cover up?

Comment

Yes Joanna Parrish

There have been many false hopes for Roger Parrish during his 14-year quest to find his child's killer. He has fought against bureaucracy, incompetence, an alien justice system and the petty politics of rural France that don't seem to care for his "kind and gentle" daughter.

Interesting case. Still unsolved I beleive

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
            Hello Graham

Are you refering to the murder of an English student Teacher called Parrish?

I believe the town was Auxerre. A very strange case indeed where the policeman investigating the crime was also mysteriously murdered.

Was there not some hint of a cover up?

No, not that one (although I remember it). The one I referred to was the rape and murder of a girl called Caroline (can't remember the surname) in a school dormitory. This was about 10 years ago or thereabouts. Apparently the bloke who did it had been under suspicion for other crimes (or so I recall) but was still free.

Cheers,

Graham
            We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hinton View Post
              Whereas the French merely go in for wholesale beheading of innocent people during their Revolution!
              Hi Bob and all,
              I was obviously ironical!
              And by the way, I HATE French revolution. I'm definitely Provençal and Corsican. I share the opinion of Borges, one of my favourite writers, about English language, etc, which always makes the French angry (Borges stating: French language is ugly!)
              What is sure, French people sometimes think like that about ghastly murders. I remember when young, after we saw JTR with Michael Caine, my mother saying something like: "Nobody like the Englishmen for such crimes..." And what is of interest here, is the role played by Jack in creating this topos (false, of course, like most of topoi).
              So be sure sure your reaction has been much appreciated!

David (the broken-English poster)

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post

Graham
                ...don't throw stones...learnt the adage long time ago from Peter Tosh...

Comment

So are you french DVV?...I toured france a lot some years ago. I loove france

Comment

I am...because my forefathers lost the battle of Muret (1213)
                    Sniff...

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
                      I am...because my forefathers lost the battle of Muret (1213)
                      Sniff...

Ah so you are Arroganise..

My grandmother was a Parnell..she claimed that the Parnells were directly decended from Henry the Eighth, who married Cathrine of Arogen..

Perhaps we are related?

Good Night

Comment

Man charged with students murders,

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
                        Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                          At least they got around to charging him in the end, Mike.

"Detectives arrested Mr Farmer after he walked into Lewisham police station in the early hours of Monday."

The BBC forgot to add the bit about him being told to please wait in line Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyn View Post
                            The BBC forgot to add the bit about him being told to please wait in line Sir.

"We shall see you when we find out who ate the last doughnut sir!"

Yes, it is good news, lets hope there is justice. The average penalty for two murders is about a month, give or take a week!
                            Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                              "We shall see you when we find out who ate the last doughnut sir!"

Yes, it is good news, lets hope there is justice. The average penalty for two murders is about a month, give or take a week!
                              Is that true if i knock someone off in america Mike?

Comment

Working...
                              X