Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motive

Hiya all
    Do you think it's at all likely that Hutchinson gave a statement becasue the knew he'd been seen and wanted to clear himself.
    But his discription was false as he knew the man that he saw with Kelly?
    I mean could he have been protecting someone by giving a false disciption for any reason?

Cheers

Hi Normy,

Do you think it's at all likely that Hutchinson gave a statement becasue the knew he'd been seen and wanted to clear himself.
    For what it's worth, yes, I think that's very likely indeed. But I don't think he was protecting anyone other than himself in so doing, though.

Best regards,
    Ben

Comment

Ben,

It's almost as if Normy set you up. An actor friend perhaps?

Cheers,

Mike
      huh?

Comment

Perish the thought, Mike!

(I'll pay you later, Normy)

Comment

Cheers Ben every penny counts!
          Sorry the point wasn’t very well made as I’d had a few ales.

I was thinking along the lines that, although Hutchinson’s story seems too detailed maybe he was telling basically the truth, maybe his story isn’t all made up like I first thought.
          But he might have known the person he saw and suspected them, followed them to Millers court and waited.

Now that makes me wonder why he wouldn’t have stated that to the police, who could he have been covering for if anyone?

Cheers

Comment

Hi Normy,

I think if Hutchinson knew the suspect and wanted to cover for him, he wouldn't have gone to the police and mentioned his suspect sighting in the first place (it would defeat the purpose of a "cover"). More likely, in my view, Hutchinson realised he'd been seen by Saah Lewis shortly before the murder (and with an apparent interest in the crime scene) and felt compelled, through fear of capture, to conjur up a "legitimate" set of circumstances that conveniently explained A) his presence in Dorset Street, and B) his preoccupation with the crime scene, hence the appearance of the Astrakhan man, who just happened to look like the spooky surly foreign outsider everbody's been hunting for.

Best regards,
            Ben
            Last edited by Ben; 08-19-2008, 03:19 AM.

Comment

A more obvious character than Hutch who was in need of a new suspect to enter that room after himself and before Mary was found butchered would have been Senor Blotchy, whether he was the killer or not. After all, a witness was there who could have said to Mary, had she lived: "Seen your Blotchy go in with you last night".

I wonder how much money could have tempted a jobless and penniless Hutch in those days to make up a flashy Jew for the police and the press?

Not much, I'll be bound.

Love,

Caz
              X

PS "Don't forget to throw in the red hankie, George."
              Last edited by caz; 08-20-2008, 04:52 PM.
              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
              X