No announcement yet.

The colour of her hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt she needed to dye her hair.Her Celtic heritage puts her with a good chance of having fair to reddish hair.

Miss Marple

Comment

Originally posted by miss marple View Post
      I doubt she needed to dye her hair.Her Celtic heritage puts her with a good chance of having fair to reddish hair.

Miss Marple
      I don't think she dyed or bleached it either. Some shade of light reddish blonde seems to fit both descriptions and 'fair' would describe her complexion rather than hair I think.
      Catherine Eddowes had auburn hair and hazel eyes. Elizabeth Jackson had light auburn hair...just as a matter of interest.

Comment

MJK hair

prostitute appearance/hair seldom remains the same and as like now as it was back in the late 1880s , a lady of the night could well have different styles and hair colours over time.

I don't think MJK would have been any different in that respect. If we imagine her as the pretty young woman she was claimed to have been then doubtless she would have aspired to look her best and follow the latest trends even if in poverty. She would have coloured her hair, curled and wore it in many ways which may be why there are several descriptions of what colour her hair was

Comment

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
          I don't think she dyed or bleached it either. Some shade of light reddish blonde seems to fit both descriptions and 'fair' would describe her complexion rather than hair I think.
          Catherine Eddowes had auburn hair and hazel eyes. Elizabeth Jackson had light auburn hair...just as a matter of interest.

I've always heard her described as ginger, but you make a good, relatable point. My hair is reddish blonde, and I hear anything from blonde, red, brunette.

Lighting would affect people's perception of it, but you'd think someone that saw her on a regular basis would know the color of her hair, so we'll go with ginger.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. E. Nigma View Post
            I've always heard her described as ginger, but you make a good, relatable point. My hair is reddish blonde, and I hear anything from blonde, red, brunette.

Lighting would affect people's perception of it, but you'd think someone that saw her on a regular basis would know the color of her hair, so we'll go with ginger.
            It's one of those things isn't it? -To some it means a lot for MJK to be a redhead and for others it doesn't matter one bit. Three red heads brutally murdered and mutilated in such a short space of time eh?

Comment

According to the Telegraph 10 Nov;

"...the woman, who was of fair complexion, with light hair, and possessing rather attractive features...."

Comment

i think it was one of the earlier books, possibly Tom Cullen's Autumn of terror which said that MJK maybe had one or more of the nicknames Fair Emma, Ginger, and even Black or perhaps Dark Mary.

Comment

Working...
                X