shades of Mary Jane Kelly and Joe Barnett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shades of Mary Jane Kelly and Joe Barnett

a facebook friend of mine recently posted about media coverage of a sickening murder and it's subsequent trial in the Gateshead region

Shocking and terrible to read this happened but I couldn't help think how much this murder case apes MJK and Joe Barnett , that is if you consider him as a Ripper suspect

A soldier has been convicted of stalking his ex-girlfriend, breaking into her flat and cutting her neck open from ear to ear .... reminded me of MJK straight away

About the new combined website Our newspapers Courier subscribers Evening Telegraph subscribers Evening Telegraph website content The Courier and the

Barnett & MJK's split wasn't as acrimonious as this. They were still on speaking terms and he paid her a visit on the night of the murder. Apart from the fact she had her throat cut, I don't see much MJK/Barnett-esque about it.

Comment

But don't we only have Barnet's word that they were on good terms?

Comment

How many couples in Whitechapel at that time had a relationship similar to Mary and Joe -- acrimonious from time to time with fights? If that were the only criteria for murder you would expect what happened to Mary to be commonplace.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
          How many couples in Whitechapel at that time had a relationship similar to Mary and Joe -- acrimonious from time to time with fights? If that were the only criteria for murder you would expect what happened to Mary to be commonplace.

c.d.
          And not uncommon even now.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
          X