Great Baltimore Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Baltimore Conference

RipperCon has proven to be a tremendous success, with many superb and illuminating talks. Robert Anderson was illuminating on the Long Island Serial Killer investigation and Mike Hawley had so much exciting, well-sourced information to share about Dr. Tumblety he had to continue the talk into the next day. Perhaps the greatest revelation was the "Nutshell Studies," which are miniature fact-specific depictions of crime scenes for study by budding investigators. Great fun and great information.

Oh I couldn't agree more...I feel bad for those of you that could not attend..the talks were fantastic, as to be expected, but what makes Rippercon truly special is the people, meeting people you have admired, and respected and maybe even spoke to via Casebook, and instantly feeling like old friends...it's the kind of event where lifelong friendships are formed....
    The night's at the pub, where the drinks and the laughs keep coming...where people from all over the world can compare cat pictures (sorry none of diddles...but everyone has to agree my Sgt. Pepper is adorable!!!)....and the only thing that can end the fun is closing time..
    I am lucky to have been in attendance...and must thank everyone who was there for making it a weekend I shall never forget...and a very special thanks to Chris George and the lovely Janis Wilson for organizing this years Rippercon....and as an FYI....there may be a little Buzz in the air about the next U.S Rippercon being in the Niagara Falls area.....I would love to hear what you all think about that possibility ��

To everyone who was there.....I do hope we all get to meet again....and to those who missed it, I am so sorry you missed such a great time...but maybe we can see you in Niagara Falls in the future.

Steadmund Brand
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

So true. The weekend was one to remember. I asked for peer review and what I actually received was even better. Has anyone ever had Martin Fido drill them? It was awesome! Martin, Robert, Chris, Janis, and the others were amazing.

Oh, and another revelation. GUT looks like Steadmund Brand's brother!

Sincerely,

Mike
      The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
      http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

Originally posted by mklhawley View Post
        So true. The weekend was one to remember. I asked for peer review and what I actually received was even better. Has anyone ever had Martin Fido drill them? It was awesome! Martin, Robert, Chris, Janis, and the others were amazing.

Oh, and another revelation. GUT looks like Steadmund Brand's brother!

Sincerely,

Mike
        You saw that Mike?

Hope all is OK with your mum.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by mklhawley View Post

Oh, and another revelation. GUT looks like Steadmund Brand's More Handsome brother!

Sincerely,

Mike
          Thought I'd better fix it Mike.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

To fix it GUT it should read
            "GUT looks like Steadmund Brands OLDER brother".��

Steadmund Brand
            "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
              Thought I'd better fix it Mike.
              Love it! Yes, mum is doing well. Thanks.

Mike

Comment

It was a great time! My only regret is that I Chaps Pit Beef wasn't open when I drove home.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob McCullough View Post
                  It was a great time! My only regret is that I Chaps Pit Beef wasn't open when I drove home.
                  So, did you go back home to Phily and have a hoagie?

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                    Oh I couldn't agree more...I feel bad for those of you that could not attend..the talks were fantastic, as to be expected, but what makes Rippercon truly special is the people, meeting people you have admired, and respected and maybe even spoke to via Casebook, and instantly feeling like old friends...it's the kind of event where lifelong friendships are formed....
                    The night's at the pub, where the drinks and the laughs keep coming...where people from all over the world can compare cat pictures (sorry none of diddles...but everyone has to agree my Sgt. Pepper is adorable!!!)....and the only thing that can end the fun is closing time..
                    I am lucky to have been in attendance...and must thank everyone who was there for making it a weekend I shall never forget...and a very special thanks to Chris George and the lovely Janis Wilson for organizing this years Rippercon....and as an FYI....there may be a little Buzz in the air about the next U.S Rippercon being in the Niagara Falls area.....I would love to hear what you all think about that possibility ��

To everyone who was there.....I do hope we all get to meet again....and to those who missed it, I am so sorry you missed such a great time...but maybe we can see you in Niagara Falls in the future.

Steadmund Brand
                    Hi Steadmund et al.

Steadmund, many thanks for your kind comments. As I emailed you, we appreciate your great interest, enthusiasm, and support for our event.

Yes we were very pleased with the way the weekend went. Robert Anderson, who as many you will know has attended and addressed a number of the UK conferences, mentioned that he felt it was one of the best Ripper events that he has witnessed. Here is one of his photographs, of my co-organizer, Janis Wilson, along with the generous and eminent Martin Fido.

Martin gave the keynote address in the first session on Friday afternoon on "Ripperology and Anti-Semitism," took part in a panel on suspects on Saturday morning along with Mike Hawley and Bob Anderson, chaired by Bob, and freely offered his opinions and eruditeness all weekend long.

Best regards

Chris

Last edited by ChrisGeorge; 04-11-2016, 09:38 AM.
                    Christopher T. George
                    Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                    just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                    For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                    RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                      To fix it GUT it should read
                      "GUT looks like Steadmund Brands OLDER brother".��

Steadmund Brand
                      Mrs Gut said great minds think alike.
                      G U T

Comment

Working...
                      X