No announcement yet.

Casey Anthony Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florida inmates are allowed to choose between electrocution and lethal injection.

Let all Oz be agreed;
    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

The only thing the Defense has proven is that this is one hell of a disfunctional family. The drowning proposition is laughable. Why on earth would they find the body with duck-tape if it was an accidental drowning. And wouldn't they have called 911?

Comment

The drowning theory is ludicrous and the defense is preposterous, but technically the defense doesn't have to prove anything at all (though by setting up this defense they have put more burden on themselves than if they just poked holes in the prosecution).

I don't think the jury will believe the drowning story, but I don't know if they will vote for premeditated.

The prosecution I think was reaching when they tried to introduce the duct tape as the murder weapon. There's no evidence that it killed her. It's just as plausible that she killed her with an overdose, panicked, thought up the kidnap story and added the duct tape to make it seem like a kidnapping.

I just don't think duct tape as murder weapon is plausible. Why? If you are chloroforming her, why duct tape her? That doesn't make sense to me.

I agree she killed her. I agree she didn't drown in the pool. I am just not convinced that the duct tape was the murder weapon.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post

I don't think the jury will believe the drowning story, but I don't know if they will vote for premeditated.
          sure is convenient that casey anthony was in jail with a woman who panicked after her child accidentally DID drown in a pool.
          The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Not convenient at all. Although I find it interesting, the drowning theory was suggested way back in the first month she was arrested. I do think that the close proximity gave her time to "dress up" the story. Especially since here in florida drowning is the leading cause of death in toddlers, she had some small chance of being believed---except for the slight problem of course that even a mother who is as clearly as cracked a methhead as the other inmate was actually called the police and ambulance when her child drowned. Small little flaw in the story there...

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Who's Caylee's father, again?

I have a feeling that if Caylee had any paternal family, we would have seen or heard from them by now. Even if the supposed father is deceased. Caylee looks a lot like her Grandmother, Cindy, except with the dark features (brown hair, brown eyes). Kids can certainly look like their grandparents, but she could also be the offspring of Casey and Lee (her brother), or even George.
              There is some reason why Lee was estranged from the family.
              Now, if the child drowned in the pool, why wouldn't Casey just say so? Would she really rather be seen as a socio/psychopath than a mother who simply found her daughter drowned in the family pool? Do you really think it is better for her to be seen as a woman who murdered her child, or was just simply neglectful enough for her child to drown in the family pool?
              Has anyone considered that she was driven to do away with Caylee because she was a constant reminder of an incestuous relationship? Maybe she justified it in her own twisted mind, and then went off to a night club to dance the night away and forget her problems.

Comment

DNA tests have proven that neither George nor lee was caylee's father.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

The whole family is a piece of work

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                    The whole family is a piece of work
                    Why is this parade of her family testifying? This a courtroom not a family counseling session. I honestly wonder how many millions of dollars have been wasted on this skank in a easy decision that literally should take about three days. They should rip the robe off this judge whoever they are and get Judge Judy down there to bitchslap her down to Death Row
                    Jordan

Comment

July 4th, Independence Day. The jury is expected to get the case today. Did Casey kill her daughter? I have no idea, I wasn't there. Of course rather than rushing to condemn her, I think it would be somewhat comforting to think that a mother did not murder her precious 2-year-old daughter and that the death really was some kind of accident. The problem, as I've said before, is that Casey Anthony is a pathological liar, and since I've had someone in my life with that same problem I know that it is a lifelong affliction. People are asking- why would she lie in a situation this serious? The answer is simple- because she is hard-wired to. Because she's been doing it her whole life and literally doesn't know how not to. I would bet that if someone was to interview people who've known her her whole life, little incidents of all kinds both small and large would pop up that made them **** their heads sideways and go, "Hey, wait a minute..." That's what pathological liars do- they mess with peoples' sense of reality. They often end up like the boy who cried wolf. Weave enough tall tales your whole life that sometimes get exposed and sometimes don't, and then suddenly when something major happens that you insist you didn't do because you actually didn't... God help you in convincing a jury. I'm just saying it's possible. If she is convicted, then I really hope she did it. If acquitted, then I really hope she didn't. The fact is- no matter what happens WE WILL NEVER KNOW FOR SURE! God, I hate the fact that the condition of pathological lying (also known as mythomania or pseudologia fantastica) exists. It makes a mess and a mockery of the truth.

Comment

I really with they hadn't brought this to trial yet. I know they were running out of time, but this was a mess. Casey Anthony's flaws are numerous and severe. She is a pathological liar, she showed absolutely no concern for her supposedly missing daughter, and I think she killed her.

And the prosecution can't prove that. The prosecution can only prove that slapping duct tape over the mouth of a child and dumping her body is not normal. They can't even prove that the duct tape was applied before death. They can't even prove how she died.

If the jury convicts Casey Anthony based on the evidence shown, it will be a huge miscarriage of justice. They will convict her not because she was proven guilty, but because they don't like her. Nobody likes her. We should never EVER be in the position of executing someone because we don't like them.

And of course the biggest miscarriage of justice will be that no matter how the jury decides, there will be no justice for Caylee. They cannot convict Casey Anthony based on evidence. If they convict her because they don't like her, they could be sentencing an innocent but severely damaged woman to death. If they don't convict, Caylee's murderer could walk free.

They should have waited.

Comment

Actually, right up until the closing arguments, I did not think it was premeditated murder and I had no idea why the prosecution was going for premeditated 1st instead of felony 1st. Then, in his closing the prosecutor connected dots that I had never connected (or even heard) before.

Casey invented the nanny story as a way to spend the night with her daughter at her former boyfriend's house. The former boyfriend included the daughter in their lives and so, Casey would tell her parents that Caylee was at the nanny's, she'd be home late for work (though there was no job either) so she'd just stay there with her, and then the two would go to her boyfriend's for the day/night.

After she broke up with her boyfriend, the overnight stays at the nanny's stopped. Then she got a new boyfriend, but apparently Caylee was not as included in this new relationship and did not ever do overnight stays there.

On the day Caylee died, before she was dead, Casey told her parents that they'd be staying at the nanny's that night. There was no nanny and Caylee wasn't welcome to stay at the boyfriend's house, so where did Casey plan to stash Caylee that night? The answer is kind of obvious, considering that was the day Caylee died.

That actually does point to premeditation. I had never, prior to that, ever considered it pre-meditated but that actually made me stop and go...hmmmm.

I think people put too much stock in what a prosecution is supposed to prove. This child was murdered. The prosecution doesn' t have to prove every facet or detail of the case, just beyond reasonable doubt. There's not a whole lot of reasonable doubt in this case if it is examined logically and not through the smoke screen her defense attorney is throwing up. It's clear. Nobody stages an accident to look like homicide. Whether it was premeditated or felony murder is one thing, but at some point, logic has to come in to play.

There was duct tape on the face of a child. The child died. The child was dumped in the woods. The parent lied about the whereabouts for months and misled police.

It was murder. I don't know if it was premeditated or felony, if she just planned to duct tape the kid to keep her quiet or what, but you don't dump a kid in the woods if she drowned in the pool. You don't hide the body if it was a purely innocent accident and you don't lie, and lie, and lie. The facts speak for themselves. It was murder.

I don't know what "waiting" would do. The evidence isn't going to change. The facts aren't going to change. And people are entitled to a speedy trial. Why wait?
                          Last edited by Ally; 07-05-2011, 01:58 AM.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

OMG...there's a Casey Anthony tread here??? Dear lord, I'll never get any work done, now!!

That whole family is MESSED UP beyond belief!!!!!

My favorite bit of evidence so far is that right around the time her daughter went missing, Casey asked a neighbor if she could borrow a shovel ( ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! )

Oh dear dear dear....is this chick mentally retarded, or what?
                            Last edited by Merry_Olde_Mary; 07-05-2011, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                              I think people put too much stock in what a prosecution is supposed to prove. This child was murdered. The prosecution doesn' t have to prove every facet or detail of the case, just beyond reasonable doubt. There's not a whole lot of reasonable doubt in this case if it is examined logically and not through the smoke screen her defense attorney is throwing up. It's clear. Nobody stages an accident to look like homicide. Whether it was premeditated or felony murder is one thing, but at some point, logic has to come in to play.

There was duct tape on the face of a child. The child died. The child was dumped in the woods. The parent lied about the whereabouts for months and misled police.

It was murder. I don't know if it was premeditated or felony, if she just planned to duct tape the kid to keep her quiet or what, but you don't dump a kid in the woods if she drowned in the pool. You don't hide the body if it was a purely innocent accident and you don't lie, and lie, and lie. The facts speak for themselves. It was murder.

I don't know what "waiting" would do. The evidence isn't going to change. The facts aren't going to change. And people are entitled to a speedy trial. Why wait?
                              Actually people do stage accidents to look like homicides by other people, especially if they are afraid of being blamed for the death. My aunts old roommate was having an affair with her boss, and he died of a heart attack on top of her in a motel room. So she took his wallet and shot him in the head with her gun and ran out of there. She got caught, but she was afraid that if the affair came out she was going to get fired. She went to jail for a year for shooting a corpse. I think people generally aren't bright when it comes to choosing a course of action that will get them in the least amount of trouble.

I think she killed her child. But I can't be sure of it. For all I know her boyfriend killed her daughter, and she helped him cover it up. But since we don't know how she died... as much as it would sicken me to do it, I would need more to convict this woman. Especially knowing that the death penalty is attached. Innocent people have been executed before, and I couldn't give her the needle for being a lousy human being.

Comment

Actually people do stage accidents to look like homicides by other people, especially if they are afraid of being blamed for the death. My aunts old roommate was having an affair with her boss, and he died of a heart attack on top of her in a motel room. So she took his wallet and shot him in the head with her gun and ran out of there. She got caught, but she was afraid that if the affair came out she was going to get fired. She went to jail for a year for shooting a corpse. I think people generally aren't bright when it comes to choosing a course of action that will get them in the least amount of trouble.
                                And I presume since you know all this, it's because when she was caught, she confessed to the accident immediately because she realized going down for murder was completely stupid for an accident. Casey was given the time to confess, it was even suggested as an accident and she continued to lie.

To say that she would be given the death penalty just for being a "lousy human being" is kind of a misdirection. You have to look at the nature of her actions in relation to this case.

As the prosecution said, there is nothing wrong with young people acting like young people, but you have to look at it in context of what was occurring.

Everyone lies, but you have to look at the nature and the quality and the purpose of her lying.

You have to look at the pattern of her lies and how every time one was found out, she purposefully shifted and changed to a new lie --all to serve her purpose.

It is not just about her being a lousy human being. I will admit, I thought the same, but after actively watching the trial (and going back and re-watching the first week of prosecution testimony which I missed), there is sufficient evidence to convict her.

Errata, did you actually watch all the trial (even the boring parts) or are you going on what the media has told you about it and the clips they have shown? If you haven't actually watched the entirety of the trial and all the evidence presented then you are doing what you accuse others of doing but the reverse--excusing her without all the facts in evidence.
                                Last edited by Ally; 07-05-2011, 03:26 PM.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Working...
                                X