Kaminski Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaminski Family

Have any forum members researched the family of Nathan Kaminsky.

Was he known to have resided with family members in Whitechapel?
    If so, was he recorded in census records?

many thanks for your help in advance.

Originally posted by wolfie1 View Post
    Have any forum members researched the family of Nathan Kaminsky.

Was he known to have resided with family members in Whitechapel?
    If so, was he recorded in census records?
    I don't think anyone has succeeded in tracing his family, though Martin Fido tried.

In his 1987 book "The Crimes, Detection and Death of JTR", wrote (p. 218):

"What, then became of Kaminsky? To check this I undertook a laborious hunt through the Registers of Deaths in St Catherine's House. Between 1888 and 1960, only two Nathan Kaminskys of nearly appropriate age died in England.

The first, who indeed lived in Whitechapel, proved to be a revered Hebrew teacher at Brick Lane Synagogue. After tracing his descendants with some difficulty, I established that he was Russian, not Polish, and that he did not come to England until 1904. He was certainly not the same man as the bootmaker of 1888.

The other was a successful Leeds tailor, who died in the bosom of his family in St James Infirmary. No connection with Whitechapel could be established at all."

Comment

Previous research on my part has revealed several Nathan Kaminsky's/Kaminski's,
      Note that his birth name was not Nathan, but Nachum or similar.

NUKHIM KAMINSKI/KASLINKI TO YEKHIEL/IKHIL (FATHER) AND BRUKAH (MOTHER) JAN 1869 AT KISHINEV

NACHUM KAMINSKI AT ZYGIERZ POLAND
      BIRTH DATE UNKNOWN

NOCHIM KAMINSKI AT SEJNY POLAND BORN 1859 TO ZELIK (father) AND RYWKA (mother)

Eileen

Comment

Working...
      X