---------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by richardh View Post
      Here's another story about it:
      Independent
      Thanks Richard.

Funny no mention of Edwards.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• At this time (Wednesday night @ 11:45pm) this very subjecy is trending on twitter.
        "London man promises women's history museum, opens Jack the Ripper museum instead http://bit.ly/1D9Wavd "

And not a word from Mr. Edwards (usually very active) twitter feed.
        JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
        JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
        JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

• Just been told to ' keep my gob shut'.

But he still found time to ask me about debs - Skin from Skunkanasie

Comment

• Mark P-E told you to keep your gob shut?

Let all Oz be agreed;
            I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• Well, sir

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
              As a proud Yank... I do not find the term derogatory at all.... but I must say, I do still hear it used that way, usually by southerners (southern states of America)... Yanks are northern and Crackers are southern... you don't hear Cracker used much anymore.. but Yanks I still hear (I am also a diehard NY Yankees fan.. maybe why I embrace the term like I do)

POMS is not used here at all... I have heard Brits or sometimes Limeys as a derogatory term.....

Australians we call Aussies or Ozzys

New Zealanders we call Kiwis

as an Irish American I have been called, Mick, and Paddy (while in London believe it or not)

And as an Italian American ( I am about half Irish and half Italian) I have been called Mick and Paddy hahahah ( as I am 6'5 with curly reddish hair (well with lots of grey now but...) and blue eyes nobody thinks I am Italian)

Also. Thank you Ally for the info on the Museum.. once again...maybe I am in the minority here, but what i have seen of this museum on the website seems interesting to me and i for one would love to see it.

Steadmund Brand
              At least you didn't say peckerwood.
              From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
              "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                As a proud Yank... I do not find the term derogatory at all.... but I must say, I do still hear it used that way, usually by southerners (southern states of America)... Yanks are northern and Crackers are southern... you don't hear Cracker used much anymore.. but Yanks I still hear (I am also a diehard NY Yankees fan.. maybe why I embrace the term like I do)

Steadmund Brand
                "Cracker" is a racial epithet. Not a regional one. It is predominantly used in the south, but it doesn't mean "southerner". It means white. Now as far as racial epithets go it's pretty mild, but it is one.
                The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                  Thanks Richard.

Funny no mention of Edwards.
                  Well, this morning I discovered that our friend Mr Edwards has blocked me on Twitter, I can only imagine it's something to do with my enquiries about the museum......

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverpaw View Post
                    Well, this morning I discovered that our friend Mr Edwards has blocked me on Twitter, I can only imagine it's something to do with my enquiries about the museum......
                    Funny that isn't it.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardh View Post
                      At this time (Wednesday night @ 11:45pm) this very subjecy is trending on twitter.
                      "London man promises women's history museum, opens Jack the Ripper museum instead http://bit.ly/1D9Wavd "

And not a word from Mr. Edwards (usually very active) twitter feed.
                      Have you seen his Twitter timeline today? It's frankly bizarre, pseudo-philosophical comments accompanied by random photos. If I were a massive self-publicist I think I'd be very vocal in distancing myself from the PR disaster that is the JtR "museum'

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridie O'Reilly View Post
                        I knew Mark, we were at Poly together. Though he prefers to call it Uni.

He was a lovely man so I am surprised he has ventured into this arena.

His parents are/were wealthy. I suppose this another way of making money for him?

And HE DID NOT set up the LGBT society at poly!
                        His whole career has been in diversity promotion, how the hell did he get mixed up in this fiasco?

Comment

• Apologies if you've already seen this, ANONYMOUS strikes again!

Items belonging to a police officer involved in the Jack the Ripper murders case sell for five times their estimate at auction.

Comment

• Heads Up

The ITV London news just carried an interview with MPE inside the museum. If you have access to ITV+1, the London news is repeated at 7.00, the item is towards the end of the programme.

I just caught the end of it, literally the last minute or so, but the impression I got was that he was keen to emphasise that the focus of the museum would be on the victims of the Ripper. He mentioned something about the signage being changed.

Comment

• Well now we know where the Watkins stuff went. CGP post #141 :

Comment

• From the horse's mouth:

'Our signage isn't finished yet...we're still working on that...it's still with the planners.
                                The actual full name of the Museum is The Jack The Ripper Museum and The History of Women in East London.'

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	666172

Comment

Working...
                                X