JTR Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dane_F View Post
    Apparently knob does not mean the same thing to a Brit as it does an American. I also tease him about wanting to eat Bangers & Mash and drinking warm Guinness.

Last time we visited one another we spent most of the time drinking Scotch and jokingly arguing about whether it should have an E or not in it.
    Funny isn't it that we all claim to use English but Yanks Poms and Skippy's all talk different version, and really not sure what the Kiwi's talk.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I used the term 'butchers' without thinking. Sorry if it caused any confusion.

The fire extinguishers on the London Underground used to carry the instructions:

'Remove cap, strike nob and point at fire.'

After a few pints it seemed very amusing to act that out.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
        I used the term 'butchers' without thinking. Sorry if it caused any confusion.

The fire extinguishers on the London Underground used to carry the instructions:

'Remove cap, strike nob and point at fire.'

After a few pints it seemed very amusing to act that out.
        I like.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Dane_F View Post
          Apparently knob does not mean the same thing to a Brit as it does an American. I also tease him about wanting to eat Bangers & Mash and drinking warm Guinness.

Last time we visited one another we spent most of the time drinking Scotch and jokingly arguing about whether it should have an E or not in it.
          Dane,

What's so funny about bangers and mash?

Oh, I've just remembered:

Native nosh interferes with this couples relationship.Steaming follow-up to Goodness Gracious Me
          Last edited by MrBarnett; 07-22-2015, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
            Maybe someone else with a crackpot theory to peddle.
            mthe first name that sprang to mind.

He seems determined to make a buck out of Jack.

Regarding Mr Edwards, isn't that somewhat contradictory ?
            Last edited by Observer; 07-23-2015, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Observer View Post
              Regarding Mr Edwards, isn't that somewhat contradictory ?
              When I made the 1st post I wasn't sure it was Edwards, it just seemed so similar to his opening his shop of yoyos and jelly beans just before his book hit.
              G U T

Comment

You don't like Mr Edwards do you

Comment

When I made the 1st post I wasn't sure it was Edwards, it just seemed so similar to his opening his shop of yoyos and jelly beans just before his book hit.
                  Good cop out

Comment

You don't like Mr Edwards do you
                    Actually I don't know the man.

What I don't like is that he mis-stated the science and still tries to claim it as valid.

Coupled with the fact that he has produced not on iota of proof that the "shawl" was ever anywhere near the crime scene.

And don't get me started on his Michaelmas daisy junk, the pattern is nothing even remotely resembling daisies, but we can't let the truth get in the way of peddling a story.

And now he is trying to sell the piece of material for the best part of three mill.
                    G U T

Comment

Good cop out
                      I have no idea what you mean.
                      G U T

Comment

Actually I don't know the man.

What I don't like is that he mis-stated the science and still tries to claim it as valid.

Coupled with the fact that he has produced not on iota of proof that the "shawl" was ever anywhere near the crime scene.

And don't get me started on his Michaelmas daisy junk, the pattern is nothing even remotely resembling daisies, but we can't let the truth get in the way of peddling a story.

And now he is trying to sell the piece of material for the best part of three mill.
                        Don't get you started on the Michelmas daisies. Believe me, it doesn't need you much to "get started", where Mr Edwards is concerned. Edwards produced a book, not dissimilar in inaccuracies to many Ripper authors, it's the genre. Get over it. He produced a book made some money. I'll tell you what, I'll start a thread discussing Stephen Knights book, and you can pull that to bits as well.
                        Last edited by Observer; 07-23-2015, 04:26 AM.

Comment

I have no idea what you mean.
                          I'm sure most of the posters who read these exchanges can work it out, I'm not going to explain it to you.

Comment

I'll tell you what, I'll start a thread discussing Stephen Knights book, and you can pull that to bits as well.
                            Happy to cast a critical eye over anyone who says they have solved it.

After all the only way the truth about anything is ever found is by taking a long hard look at the claims made.

If my best friend, or even my wife [actually they are one and the same], was to claim "case solved" I along with many others woud be looking for holes in the theory they presented.

If once the holes were pointed out they chose to bury their head and ignore the problems I'd be saying the same things.
                            G U T

Comment

Look.. the real question here is... did anyone try Mr. Edwards jellybeans???
                              and can you buy just black ones......

Ya know, I'm all for someone trying to make a buck...even those with the best intentions are doing that.... but I'm with GUT.. the whole "case solved" thing gets under my skin.....especially when he...fudged the science (trying to stay polite)

And to be honest.. the museum does look to be fascinating… I know that if I get back to London I would love to take the walk and see it…..even if it is Mr. Edwards…. To be fair I don’t know him, have never met him, for all I know he is a great guy….who knows

Steadmund Brand
                              "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                                Look.. the real question here is... did anyone try Mr. Edwards jellybeans???
                                and can you buy just black ones......

Ya know, I'm all for someone trying to make a buck...even those with the best intentions are doing that.... but I'm with GUT.. the whole "case solved" thing gets under my skin.....especially when he...fudged the science (trying to stay polite)

And to be honest.. the museum does look to be fascinating… I know that if I get back to London I would love to take the walk and see it…..even if it is Mr. Edwards…. To be fair I don’t know him, have never met him, for all I know he is a great guy….who knows

Steadmund Brand
                                I agree I'd glady sit down and have a drink with him he may be a great guy.
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X