No announcement yet.

New Independent Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to add this but USB sticks aren't immune either!! I copied data from my no2 computer and, I don't know why, but I didn't delete before I tried to upload to my new no1.

Result USB Kaput!!

So now I have 1&2 computers, hard drive back-up, and 3 USBs! Trouble is I don't have anough time left to write anymore!

Peter

Comment

If you are a Ripperologist with a non-Ripper book to your credit we may be able to help you with a free advertisement in New Independent Review. No gimmicks, no surprises, just a way of reaching out to the community. Write to us at newindyreview@aol.com for details.

Don Souden,
      Editor.
      "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

It is with a double dose of sadness that I must stop production of the New Independent Review for health reasons. It was something I enjoyed, both editing and often writing reams of copy for an issue, but I must face the fact that it is no longer possible, at least for now. I am not very sanguine about resuming publication at a later date, but as the glib phrase implores, "never say never."

I thank all my the contributors and the many others who encouraged the new venture, especially assistant editor Velma Southerland who was a tower of strength throughout. We had some darn good articles and features and were definitely headed in the right direction.

Anyway, I better not write more at the moment about NIR, lest I get choked up. But again, thanks to all who were a part of the magazine.

Don Souden.
        "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Originally posted by Supe View Post
          [SIZE=1]It is with a double dose of sadness that I must stop production of the New Independent Review for health reasons.
          Very sorry to hear this, Don. Get well soon.
          Managing Editor
          Casebook Wiki

Comment

Don,

Sad news indeed;NIR was an excellent publication. Take care of yourself.

Comment

Don, I'm awfully sorry to hear this.

I know how hard you've worked on the magazine, and it has turned out some terrific articles, but of course your health must be given priority.

Best wishes for improved health and the success of all future endeavors.

Take care,
              Bunny

Comment

It is sad news, Don, and I enjoyed working with you, as well as the helpful guidance along the way. The health of friends is most important and I do wish you Godspeed.
                Best Wishes,
                Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

bad luck

Hello Don. Bad news indeed. Get well soon.

NIR will be greatly missed.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

Your health comes first Don. Take care of yourself. It was such an honor working with you.

Sincerely,

Mike
                    The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
                    http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your health issues Don...first things first, and bend everything to getting yourself right...

Every good wish

Dave

Comment

Hi Don,

I hope you are feeling much better soon and are able to take a good long rest to re-charge your batteries.

It is always good to read your posts and I hope you will continue to look in on casebook now and then?

God bless you.

Julie

Comment

Sad news.

Hello Don,

This is bad news indeed. Worse than bad, since it's for health reasons and not because you'd rather run away to the Seychelles and become a beachcomber than remain a magazine editor. Take good care of yourself, regain your full health and come back to Ripperworld with a new magazine, a non-fiction book or that detective story you've long had in the back burner. We'll be waiting.

Eduardo
                          Asante Mungu leo ni Ijumaa.
                          Old Swahili Proverb

Comment

Hi Don,

I'm so sorry you are unwell and that you are forced to finish publishing the 'New Independent Review'.

We all wish you a speedy recovery.

Thinking of you.
                            Carol

Comment

Hi Don

I hope you will conquer your health problem and return with your magazine restarted and ready to slip back into the groove. You are a much valued member of the boards.

Robert

Comment

So sorry to hear of your health problems Don---keep your chin up-----knowing you you are pretty resilient and the NIR will soon be rolling again---you take care meanwhile
                                Norma
                                xx

Comment

Working...
                                X