No announcement yet.

The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why anybody accepts the official line is one of the enduring myths of ripperology .
    I'm sure we're bright enough to spot bull**it aren't we ?
    Because the alternative, that Warren saw some hidden meaning in the graffito, is too preposterous to be given the time of day.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

Your horse is shitting on every thread.
      At least he doesn't need dragging along on the tails of others
      You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

You're going to have to provide that quote.

Why do you say that it seemed to have been recently written? - It looked fresh, and if it had been done long before it would have been rubbed out by the people passing. I did not notice whether there was any powdered chalk on the ground, though I did look about to see if a knife could be found

Telegraph 12th
        Last edited by packers stem; 06-30-2019, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Because the alternative, that Warren saw some hidden meaning in the graffito, is too preposterous to be given the time of day.
          How did you get onto hidden meanings?
          I was talking about Warren pretending it was on the jamb when I mentioned 'official line' ......

Comment

• If the GSG was as small as PC Halse described, how would it have caused a riot against the Jews?
            Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
              If the GSG was as small as PC Halse described, how would it have caused a riot against the Jews?
              Well, it was evidently legible, for those bothered to read it. Letters of an inch or three-quarters high are perfectly readable.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                Well, it was evidently legible, for those bothered to read it. Letters of an inch or three-quarters high are perfectly readable.
                From a few feet .....
                If a bobby stood in front of it how many antisemitic , riot hungry residents of Wentworth model dwellings were likely to push him out of the way so that they could attempt to decipher it ?

Comment

• And let's not forget that the Goulston Street entrancways were set about three feet back from the main pavement/sidewalk.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GOULSTON STREET DOORWAY.jpg
Views:	675
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	715137

Comment

• Originally posted by packers stem View Post

How did you get onto hidden meanings?
                    I was talking about Warren pretending it was on the jamb when I mentioned 'official line' ......
                    I’m unaware of any alternative reason that has been suggested as to why Warren agreed to the graffito being erased other than that he saw some hidden meaning in it.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Warren could have ordered the GSG preserved in aspic, and 131 years later people would still be arguing over its meaning.

The GSG has no meaning, except that which we have attributed to it.

The GSG was a clever piece of misdirection, employed to lend weight to PC Long's harmonious discovery of the apron piece.
                      Last edited by Simon Wood; 06-30-2019, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by packers stem View Post

Why do you say that it seemed to have been recently written? - It looked fresh, and if it had been done long before it would have been rubbed out by the people passing. I did not notice whether there was any powdered chalk on the ground, though I did look about to see if a knife could be found

Telegraph 12th
                        Exactly, he didn't say he looked specifically for chalk dust. If he had looked he could say there was none, or there was some.
                        So it is incorrect to keep saying he looked, he didn't. He was looking for obvious clues like a weapon or spots of blood.
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	GSG-1.jpg
Views:	1023
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	715142

If the shadowed area represents where the graffito would have been written, and the jamb is located same as, and is as wide as, the jamb above it (balcony), then I would conclude that Warren was correct it could be seen by any passerby. Too bad the first floor jamb width and location isn't obvious like the second floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by APerno View Post
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	GSG-1.jpg
Views:	1023
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	715142

If the shadowed area represents where the graffito would have been written, and the jamb is located same as, and is as wide as, the jamb above it (balcony), then I would conclude that Warren was correct it could be seen by any passerby. Too bad the first floor jamb width and location isn't obvious like the second floor.
                            By "first floor", I presume you mean "ground floor" (in Brit-speak).
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                              Warren could have ordered the GSG preserved in aspic, and 131 years later people would still be arguing over its meaning.

The GSG has no meaning, except that which we have attributed to it.

The GSG was a clever piece of misdirection, employed to lend weight to PC Long's harmonious discovery of the apron piece.
                              What leads you to believe that Simon?
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Hi Herlock,

PC Long found the apron piece before anyone knew it was missing.

I went on from there.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Working...
                                X