Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetting Hutchinson

I have a question.

I'm guessing this must have been discussed several time among you good people, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate.

How thorough was the vetting on Hutchinson at the time? Not only about his testimony but also about who the man was?

Thank you
    Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
    - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

I don't understand how a beeline didn't find a repeat customer of MK...(who Mary likely solicited too on the night of her murder)....standing outside for almost an hour not suspicious. frankly he comes off as the most suspicious of all...although I don't see him having the knife skills to commit the murders...perhaps they determined he was lying about the whole thing? But then why wouldn't they look at him even harder!?

Comment

Hello Rocky,

do we know what was done?

It's not clear from what I read.
      - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

Originally posted by SirJohnFalstaff View Post
        I have a question.

I'm guessing this must have been discussed several time among you good people, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate.

How thorough was the vetting on Hutchinson at the time? Not only about his testimony but also about who the man was?

Thank you
        Abberline interogated him and said he believed him. Apparently hutch even went out with cops after he made his initial statement looking for the man he described. There is no information if hutch's background was ever checked out nor that he was ever a suspect.
        "Is all that we see or seem
        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by SirJohnFalstaff View Post
          I have a question.

Thank you
          Oh my God, Sir John,

You have awakened Ben and company and we can look forward to another couple million posts on this subject. Seriously, this has been discussed ad nauseum and I mean ad nauseum. This horse is dead.

There are several thousand posts on this subject if you care to review them.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
            Oh my God, Sir John,

You have awakened Ben and company and we can look forward to another couple million posts on this subject. Seriously, this has been discussed ad nauseum and I mean ad nauseum. This horse is dead.

c.d.
            At least it's bumped the eddowes shawl DNA snoozefest .

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
              Abberline interogated him and said he believed him. Apparently hutch even went out with cops after he made his initial statement looking for the man he described. There is no information if hutch's background was ever checked out nor that he was ever a suspect.
              And that pretty well covers it.
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Hi All

Could Hutchinson have been Blotchy?

It has been mentioned on CB before (ages ago), but I thought I would add it again as not alot of people commented on it, and there are alot of new members to CB who may not have seen it.

Comment

Hi,

Considering that Abberline believed that he was telling the truth, and he was accompanying the Police quite openly the next day in trying to spot the man he had seen and described, it would appear not.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchett View Post
                    Hi,

Considering that Abberline believed that he was telling the truth, and he was accompanying the Police quite openly the next day in trying to spot the man he had seen and described, it would appear not.
                    Hi Hatchett,

I can't remember the details exactly but, there was a suspicious looking ginger man leaving Dorset Street, I think, by a policeman, who let the man go. Now if that's true, then why let the man go?

I can't seem to find the details I think it was in one of the papers.

Comment

Originally posted by Natasha View Post
                      Hi All

Could Hutchinson have been Blotchy?

It has been mentioned on CB before (ages ago), but I thought I would add it again as not alot of people commented on it, and there are alot of new members to CB who may not have seen it.
                      Hi Natasha
                      Highly doubtful. Blotchy was seen going in with Mary around 11ish. Hutch's vigil was from approx. 2:15 to 3:00. The descriptions don't match-blotchy was very distinctive looking and I am sure abberline or someone would have noted the similarity if they were the same.

Also, if hutch was Blotchy why would he stand around outside for almost an hour after already being inside with Mary. Non sequiter.

IMHO I think Blotchy is the most viable candidate for the ripper with hutch being a close second.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                        Oh my God, Sir John,

c.d.
                        I'm sorry if I've opened the pandora's box.
                        I'm just looking for data about the man, I'm not interested in him as a suspect.

I'm trying to see what I can plausibly do with him as a character in a fiction set in these events.
                        Last edited by SirJohnFalstaff; 10-03-2014, 12:56 PM.
                        - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

Yeah, that's what I gathered so far.

But did people actually checked the Victoria Home for Working Men at the time?
                          - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

How did hutch not set off alarms to the police? He exhibited predatory behavior stalking Mary Kelly for nearly an hour, placed himself at the crime scene, would have scene Kelly open the door through the window and he was customer of Kelly's who she solicited the night of her murder. Not to mention he placed himself at the crime scene. You'd think this might've caught the eye of atleast SOMEONE...if not the police than someone who read Hutch's account in the press. If the police didn't find this suspicious then who where they looking for? Not the ripper apparently because Hutch atleast shows he stalking Kelly at the crime scene and he's a john whose known to her.

Comment

At least it's bumped the eddowes shawl DNA snoozefest .
                              well, I did learn quite a bit about DNA. So there's that.
                              - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

Working...
                              X