Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why weren't there any killings in October 1888?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack moved quite quickly once Joseph Barnett,a 30 year old dock worker,moved out of number 13.
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
      Jack moved quite quickly once Joseph Barnett,a 30 year old dock worker,moved out of number 13.
      Did he?

Or did Mary move quickly when she lost her source of income?
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Barnett lost his job a few months earlier.

Rent was owing.

They both enjoyed a drink.

What's a young lady gonna do?

Comment

• Yes indeed, DJA. And so, on a cold November night she tried her luck for the last time. I do wish we had a clue on the identity of Blotchy Face. Whatever your views on Astrakhan Man, Blotchy is still a person of interest.

I do think the fog in mid month maybe had something to do with no kills in October. So could increased police presence and patrols by vigilance committee members. Wouldn't want any of those looming up on you just when you had your knife out!

I think the anticipation of waiting from the double event until late November must have been intense. The fact that Mary had a room of her own must have felt like all his Christmases had come at once!

Still, it's all speculation. Jack may have had a job that took him out of town for two months. He could have injured a foot or hand at work so he couldn't move properly/ operate. There are a thousand scenarios really.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
            Barnett lost his job a few months earlier.

Rent was owing.

They both enjoyed a drink.

What's a young lady gonna do?
            And one who was on the game prior to Joe.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Significant percentage of prostitutes were molested as children.

Comment

• Some have speculated that the killer could have contacted septicemia from the Eddowes murder (if he cut himself and then touched feces) and spent October laid low by the illness.

Sepitcemia, by the way, can cause blotchiness of the skin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damaso Marte View Post
                  Some have speculated that the killer could have contacted septicemia from the Eddowes murder (if he cut himself and then touched feces) and spent October laid low by the illness.

I am definitely more inclined to believe illness stopped him for that month, rather than the fog. I would have thought the fog would have been quite appealing to him, as it supplied better cover, to move about invisibly. And even if police had heard the cries of an attack, in the fog it would have been quite disorienting, and made finding them quite difficult.

My vote for why he stopped for the month, is either illness, or someone close to him (like his wife) was growing suspicious of him.
                  Cheers,
                  Pandora.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damaso Marte View Post
                    Some have speculated that the killer could have contacted septicemia from the Eddowes murder (if he cut himself and then touched feces) and spent October laid low by the illness.

I find this idea interesting, and if he had gotten sick after Eddowes' murder, perhaps the violence of Kelly's murder could be explained as he was even more angry at all prostitutes, blaming them to an even greater degree. Perhaps we don't need to look for a former acquaintance of Kelly's after all...
                    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                    ---------------
                    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                    ---------------

Comment

• One other idea that perhaps ought to be considered is that Jack did kill someone at the end of October, but for whatever reason, the murder was never associated with him. Perhaps he used a different technique, perhaps the body was never found, etc.
                      - Ginger

Comment

Working...
                      X