Limerick, the Key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuspectZero View Post
    I understand but I think she may have landed as a servant in her aunts household in England around 1881. I'm trying to backtrack her aunt. If that leads me back to her family I have a link from Ireland to England.
    Is she niece to someone named Ann Kemp in 1881?

Good luck with it anyway, SZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Debra A View Post
      Is she niece to someone named Ann Kemp in 1881?

Good luck with it anyway, SZ.
      No, she's not. I don't want to say yet because I need to dig deeper but this thread is starting to make feel like I'm on board the Flying Dutchman. Anything I signal might be an option is greeted with - not plausible.
      I was hoping that others would be joining in to see if we could solve this together but I feel like I'm the only one posting info.
      I'm even prepared to fly to Wales and Ireland to get at the truth.

Comment

No, she's not. I don't want to say yet because I need to dig deeper but this thread is starting to make feel like I'm on board the Flying Dutchman. Anything I signal might be an option is greeted with - not plausible.
        I was hoping that others would be joining in to see if we could solve this together but I feel like I'm the only one posting info.
        I was trying to be helpful but I don't know why I ever bother.

Comment

• Originally posted by Debra A View Post
          I was trying to be helpful but I don't know why I ever bother.
          Well that's not something anyone asking to collaborate wants to read (see my earlier plea in this thread). My point was there are a lot of people here lately that attack people on every single thing that gets posted. I'm just trying to get my facts in order before I put something out here so that it stands up to reasonable scrutiny. I'm sorry that you apparently took that personally even though it wasn't directed at you Deb. You seem very knowledgable in this area and I hope we can collaborate if I turn up something that seems interesting.

Comment

You should. Others have done so on a whim. I may even do so myself.
            Last edited by Scott Nelson; 02-11-2016, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• A good collaboration project would probably be looking through the huge amount of digitised (not transcribed or indexed) Catholic records from Limerick County and City on the link that Robert posted earlier.
              If MJK was a Catholic born in Limerick she should be in there, plus there are marriages from the same birth parishes making it possible to trace the women a bit easier too as brides normally married in their birth parishes.

This website contains images from the NLI’s collection of Catholic parish register microfilms. The registers contain records of baptisms and marriages from the majority of Catholic parishes in Ireland and Northern Ireland up to 1880.

Comment

• Nieces. How about this one? 1881 census . Mary Kelly age 18 niece of Catherine Mitchell age 50 living at 4 Boundary Place Shoreditch?

Debra have you any Irish born Peter's or John's in the Scots Guards?

Miss Marple

Comment

• Originally posted by miss marple View Post

Miss Marple
                  Funny enough, MM, I was just looking at the Kelly SG list to see if I could find the Irish born ones in the parish records Robert found.
                  I've got my beak in St Michan's Dublin at the moment looking for someone non JTR related but I'll crack on with the soldiers later to see if siblings baptisms are also noted.

Meanwhile; there is a John and a Peter born in Ireland in the SG but one was attested in 1892 and the other wasn't born until 1882 and attested in 1904.

Comment

Nieces. How about this one? 1881 census . Mary Kelly age 18 niece of Catherine Mitchell age 50 living at 4 Boundary Place Shoreditch?

Miss Marple
                    This is the Niece connection I'm tracing now. I can locate a Catherine Kelly who married a James Mitchell and might be connected to John Kelly.

Comment

Ireland's a dead end.
                      “If I cannot bend heaven, I will raise hell.”

Comment

• We don't know that. The problem is an excess of information.

Miss Marple

Comment

• Originally posted by JadenCollins View Post
                          Ireland's a dead end.
                          Why Jaden?

Comment

Why Jaden?
                            I've been there, SZ.
                            No matter how hard you try, every response is negative. Whenever you ask a couple questions people look at you like you've just killed somebody.

I had a rather bad experience there.

Comment

We don't know that. The problem is an excess of information.

Miss Marple
                              I know, I was talking about going to Ireland.
                              We can all keep guessing.

Comment

• Originally posted by JadenCollins View Post
                                I've been there, SZ.
                                No matter how hard you try, every response is negative. Whenever you ask a couple questions people look at you like you've just killed somebody.

I had a rather bad experience there.
                                That's really unfortunate. I'm sorry that happened to you, Jaden. Maybe the answer lies in Wales. Given Mary was fluent in Welsh and said she grew up there, it seems likely that we could find answers there.

Comment

Working...
                                X