Daniel Farson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Farson

I was intrigued to see this piece in the Evening Standard about the funeral of the last proprietor of the Colony Room Club in Soho, one of Daniel Farson's old haunts:
    This is London magazine has been established for over 65 years, providing readers with information about events, exhibitions, music, concerts, theatre and dining. As life returns to normal, Londoners are heading back into the Capital and many visitors are already coming from further afield.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting that article, I never knew that Dan Farson was a member of the Colony Room - although I am not surprised!

I met the original owner, Muriel Belcher, back in the 1970's as she occasionally used to visit a country pub in Buckinghamshire, which at the time was a frequent haunt of mine, and I can confirm that the article's description of her as "its foul-tongued lesbian founder, Muriel Belcher" is quite correct, her favorite greeting for almost anyone being "hello c*nty".

I was sad to hear that the Colony has closed, it was one of those places which made Soho so intriguing in the days before it began to chase the pink pound. At least we still have the French Pub and the Coach and Horses, or we did the last time I was there a couple of years ago.

Rgds
    John
    Last edited by John Savage; 06-18-2010, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X