No announcement yet.

Upon reading the Diary again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True, Simon. As I say, I thought it for only a while.

Comment

Hi GM,

Thanks.

Good to know we are in accord.

Regards,

Simon
      Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Who's seen the photograph? I think you need the eye of faith to see the initials FM on the wall; albeit that they can be (and doubtless have been) enhanced in reproduction.

If they were that obscure: no wonder that nobody saw them at the time; the point of anybody leaving them there to begin with eludes me.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
          When I read all the arrant nonsense the Diary has generated, I wish that in 1988 I had kept my mouth shut and not mentioned the possibility of there being initials visible on the wall in the MJK photograph.
          Hi Simon

Were you the first person to spot it?

I know it's there on the photo (a lower case 'f' and a MacDonalds arch 'M')

Might you have inspired the forger/s do you think?
          allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Hi Stephen,

Yes, in 1988 I was the first person to voice the possibility of there being blood-stained initials on the wall in the photograph of Room 13.

And from what has ensued I have regretted it ever since.

Might I have inspired the forger/s?

I have no real way of knowing; but if so, then he/they moved pretty damn quick to get the finished product out onto the market by 1992.

My memory is dim, as my copy of the book has long since gone to a charity shop [some things in life are not worth keeping], but I do seem to remember being somewhat aghast at my name being cited as some sort of authentication of the existence of these bloody initials.

Perhaps you could check it out.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Have you all forgotten Sophie Herfort's unsurpassable theory ?
              It's M on the wall. Macnaghten.

Comment

Hi DVV,

Mercifully I had forgotten Sophie Herfort, until you resurrected her.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post

My memory is dim, as my copy of the book has long since gone to a charity shop [some things in life are not worth keeping], but I do seem to remember being somewhat aghast at my name being cited as some sort of authentication of the existence of these bloody initials.
                  Hi Simon

Page 100

In 1988 the crime researcher and writer Simon Wood mentioned privately to one of our consultants that in a photograph of the dead Mary Jane Kelly on her bed there appeared to be an initial on the wall. There, above the bed is a letter 'M' - the mark of Maybrick. To the side is another letter, 'F'.

allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Yet another interesting and relevant thread destroyed by more anti-diarist drivel. Do you guys not have your own suspects to concentrate on? Surely if there was enough evidence to prove your individual choices, you would not be wasting time on here by spoiling other peoples threads.

Kind regards,

Tempus

Comment

Guys please, indulge for once.

Look I started this thread to discuss the content of the Diary and the mind of the author. I have clearly said that I think Maybrick was the killer and the Diary is genuine. I know that many people on the board think otherwise and some believe the Diary is annoying Red Herring that they wish would go away. Okay.
                      But you must remember I have only been on the board for five minutes and there is much I don't know and am curious about. I know that in the early days of the Casebook lots of discussions took place and I am almost certainly going over well trodden ground, I'm sorry but what else can I do? I have re-read the Diary, and whether or not the author was the Ripper, it is still in my mind the work of a real mad person. Not just that, but a mad person who had lots of information about the crimes and the times.
                      Perhaps Maybrick stood and watched as they moved Chapmans body, or noticed the "tin box empty" at Mitre Square, perhaps he was looking in the room at Kelly's body, I don't know either. But if he was the real killer, then we have the dark privilage of studying his mind and motivations.
                      You can call the Diary what you want anywhere on this board, but to shout FAKE in every thread around Maybrick is infantile and does no-one any good.
                      Last edited by miakaal4; 10-10-2012, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by miakaal4 View Post
                        Look I started this thread to discuss the content of the Diary and the mind of the author. I have clearly said that I think Maybrick was the killer and the Diary is genuine. I know that many people on the board think otherwise and some believe the Diary is annoying Red Herring that they wish would go away. Okay.
                        But you must remember I have only been on the board for five minutes and there is much I don't know and am curious about. I know that in the early days of the Casebook lots of discussions took place and I am almost certainly going over well trodden ground, I'm sorry but what else can I do? I have re-read the Diary, and whether or not the author was the Ripper, it is still in my mind the work of a real mad person. Not just that, but a mad person who had lots of information about the crimes and the times.
                        Perhaps Maybrick stood and watched as they moved Chapmans body, or noticed the "tin box empty" at Mitre Square, perhaps he was looking in the room at Kelly's body, I don't know either. But if he was the real killer, then we have the dark privilage of studying his mind and motivations.
                        You can call the Diary what you want anywhere on this board, but to shout FAKE in every thread around Maybrick is infantile and does no-one any good.

Well said, miakaal4! You have the perfect right to ask questions on any topic that you feel unsure about, and I, for one, will try my best to help you with those questions. Everything you have asked up to now has been made up of of intelligent, relevant and interesting points, and long may your questions and theories continue.

Do not worry about the anti-diarists, miakaal4, if they had anything remotely important to attend to in relation to their own suspects, they wouldn't be on here bothering the likes of you and me.

Kind regards,

Tempus

Comment

Ha ha well said to you too.
                          Last edited by miakaal4; 10-10-2012, 12:27 PM. Reason: thought too little about answer

Comment

Thankyou for that Tempus. By the way the doctor you referred to was Dr Fuller.
                            Talking of doctors, one can only wonder at the outcome had Maybrick discovered Florence pregnant by her lover.

Comment

I see the Diary "luvvies" are in, in force today.

Comment

Hi Phil, hope we didn't wake you mate, any thoughts on the mental state of the Diary's author?

Comment

Working...
                                X