No announcement yet.

Comey fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Former CIA chief Brennan testifies that they had reason to believe the Russians were interfering in last fall's election, and that he had warned them about it. Also, he says they collected information on Trump campaign aides meeting with Russian representatives, which he has given to the FBI, and states that the FBI investigation "has a good foundation."
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

Trump is getting himself a lawyer. Marc Kasowitz no less, who also happens to represent Russia's largest bank against Conspiracy allegations in a US court...

Comment

just as I said-Comey was the leaker of his memo. he just admitted it.

How is that not a crime??

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
          just as I said-Comey was the leaker of his memo. he just admitted it.

How is that not a crime??
          It's not a leak.
          His memo's are his property.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
            It's not a leak.
            Ok. Thanks. Your the first to be able to provide an answer.
            Not sure if I necessarily agree though.

Also, One of his reasons he said he kept this conversation secret at first was that he didn't want agents investigating to get cold feet if they knew this was the presidents wish.

Guess he didn't care about that once he was gone.

What a loser. And this just exemplifies why he needed to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post
              Trump is getting himself a lawyer. Marc Kasowitz no less, who also happens to represent Russia's largest bank against Conspiracy allegations in a US court...
              Kasowitz's speech to the press in response to Comey's testimony was dry and legal, while also forceful, when it came to calling for an investigation of Comey himself. Their logic is that Comey admits he did tell the President he was not under investigation in the Russia matter; on the other hand, the President denies he ever asked Comey to "let this go" in reference to Flynn and the Russia probe.
              So... Comey was partly truthful when it helps Trump, and lied the rest of the time?
              ---------------
              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
              ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                Kasowitz's speech to the press in response to Comey's testimony was dry and legal, while also forceful, when it came to calling for an investigation of Comey himself. Their logic is that Comey admits he did tell the President he was not under investigation in the Russia matter; on the other hand, the President denies he ever asked Comey to "let this go" in reference to Flynn and the Russia probe.
                So... Comey was partly truthful when it helps Trump, and lied the rest of the time?
                Well you know what they say. There's two sides to every story. Then there's the truth. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                  There seems to be a pattern emerging...
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                    There seems to be a pattern emerging...
                    Yes. There does. It's called a whole lotta bs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                      Ok. Thanks. Your the first to be able to provide an answer.
                      Not sure if I necessarily agree though.
                      Well, from what I understand Comey intentionally carefully worded those memo's, and avoided mentioning anything that would get those memo's classified. He's trained as a lawyer and his position as FBI Director would suggest he knows his way around the rules.

Plus some Republicans are trying to suggest he is liable for releasing 'privileged' information. This wil not fly because Trump himself has spoken of what was said in tweets, and therefore he cannot now claim the discussion with Comey was 'privilege'.

Another point I heard was that in legal terms a "leak" is the release of classified information without permission.
                      The memo's are not classified, and will not be, so that will not fly either.

Also, One of his reasons he said he kept this conversation secret at first was that he didn't want agents investigating to get cold feet if they knew this was the presidents wish.

Guess he didn't care about that once he was gone.
                      Comey is impartial as to political leanings. He took Clinton to task over that server business, and now he has dealt with Trump.
                      What I see is a professional who is doing his job. I wish we could say the same for Trump.

When we have a man who has based his entire professional career on trust and credibility, as opposed to a man who practices deceit, manipulates and misrepresents facts, and is a proven liar, I see there is no contest as to who is believable.

The 'losers' are all those Republicans who go to any lengths to justify the words and actions of this idiot they put in the W. H.
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                        It's not a leak.

Which he leaked to the NY Times via a third party. I think we all know what the popular usage of the word "leak" is, and it was leaked.

It's all a power play between vested interests in Washington. Nothing illegal or immoral was done(at least in regards to Trump/Comey). It's all a political game. Trump pushed the envelope but no more. He deserves any blame he gets for pressurising Comey, but it was not outwith his Presidential rights to do what he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by jason_c View Post
                          Which he leaked to the NY Times via a third party. I think we all know what the popular usage of the word "leak" is, and it was leaked.

It's all a power play between vested interests in Washington. Nothing illegal or immoral was done(at least in regards to Trump/Comey). It's all a political game. Trump pushed the envelope but no more. He deserves any blame he gets for pressurising Comey, but it was not outwith his Presidential rights to do what he did.
                          It was not the popular usage I was talking about. You admit yourself, nothing illegal transpired. So, in legal terms, Comey did not leak anything, the notes were his own property.
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                            It was not the popular usage I was talking about. You admit yourself, nothing illegal transpired. So, in legal terms, Comey did not leak anything, the notes were his own property.
                            And he didn't directly hand them to the NY Times. He did so through a 3rd party. We are not in a court of law. Neither are we appearing under oath in front of Congress. Legal definitions mean little here. In common internet messageboard parlance Comey leaked information to the media. At a push you can say he briefed the media, but as he didnt brief directly im gonna go with leaked.

Comment

• Legal definitions form the basis for claiming he did something wrong, that is why legal definitions matter.
                              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• What I've heard is that he wanted to offset the possibility that the President would lie about their meeting, so he asked a friend to tell the New York Times "some of the content" of Comey's memo. I get the impression it was relayed verbally, but perhaps not. It also sounds as if only some of the memo was shared, not all of it.

Legal experts here are saying that Trump's lawyer may complain to the Dept. of Justice about Comey, as he promised they would do yesterday, but the DOJ's authority is limited over former employees. As this happened after Comey was fired, it may be pointless.
                                ---------------
                                ---------------

Comment

Working...
                                X