Visit to Taplow 9th Aug 2015 / Marsh Lane /The Pineapple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graham View Post
    Fair enough, Nick, but I don't understand why a visit to the cornfield should have prompted Goodman to say what he did. Seems odd to me.

Graham
    A possibly explanation may be that ,having arrived there ,and taken in the surroundings, you know, a kind of experiencing a feel for the place, the remoteness, quite solitude, of a field in a farmland setting at dusk.Then to associate all this with Ms.Storie's fantastic sequence of events, beginning here. He may well have decided right there and then, to adopt as fact "They picked a man up in Slough"

Comment

Originally posted by moste View Post
      "They picked a man up in Slough"
      This doesn't work for me Moste.The cornfield was a place the couple visited often.
      On August 27th The People quoted a farmer's wife Mrs Nellie Climo saying ,"I have told police about the car I saw here on Tuesday night.It was in the cornfield where I have seen it several times before ." The report continued : Police are considering the possibility that the man at the Pineapple Inn walked across country to nearby Marsh Lane and found Gpregsten's car parked in a cornfield.
      if there were two men involved one could have been at the Pineapple Pub situated on Lake End Road , parallel to Marsh Lane with the cornfield sandwiched between the two roads and with an approach to the fields at the back.If someone was stationed at the Harvester pub across the road from the entrance to the Old Station Inn they could have rang the telephone box across the road from the Pineapple to give the gunman the signal to cross the field or the two men could have simply sat in the Harvester car park until they saw the couple leave and followed them there and then,dropping the gunman at the field.
      Picking a man up in Slough would suggest me that the couple gave a lift to a random hitchhiker who turned into a monster who after leading them on a wild goose chase for five hours at gunpoint finally pulling the gun on them them killing Gregsten and raping and shooting to kill Valerie.If that was the case then the man was a nutcase with no motive other than to kill or maim someone surely?
      Last edited by Natalie Severn; 08-10-2015, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
        This doesn't work for me Moste.The cornfield was a place the couple visited often.
        On August 27th The People quoted a farmer's wife Mrs Nellie Climo saying ,"I have told police about the car I saw here on Tuesday night.It was in the cornfield where I have seen it several times before ." The report continued : Police are considering the possibility that the man at the Pineapple Inn walked across country to nearby Marsh Lane and found Gpregsten's car parked in a cornfield.
        if there were two men involved one could have been at the Pineapple Pub situated on Lake End Road , parallel to Marsh Lane with the cornfield sandwiched between the two roads and with an approach to the fields at the back.If someone was stationed at the Harvester pub across the road from the entrance to the Old Station Inn they could have rang the telephone box across the road from the Pineapple to give the gunman the signal to cross the field or the two men could have simply sat in the Harvester car park until they saw the couple leave and followed them there and then,dropping the gunman at the field.
        Picking a man up in Slough would suggest me that the couple gave a lift to a random hitchhiker who turned into a monster who after leading them on a wild goose chase for five hours at gunpoint finally pulling the gun on them them killing Gregsten and raping and shooting to kill Valerie.If that was the case then the man was a nutcase with no motive other than to kill or maim someone surely?
        Hi Natalie .Not necessarily, giving a lift to a random hitch hiker. The theory of a pick up in Slough, could be a more complex one. However first off, hope you enjoyed your visit, great snaps. If you traversed huntercombe lane south you will have negotiated the s-bend where the motor bike lad spotted the morris minor, supposedly before they arrived at the corn field. The link motorway road between the M4 and the A4 would not have been extant in '61, so if they had stopped for whatever reason in huntercombe lane, they were only a minute, two, at the most, from Valerie's home in Anthony way Cippenham. Always thought this to be possibly relevant, to what they were actually up to.
        Just referencing Paul Foots third mention of the farmers wife Mrs Nellie Climo on paper back page 315, She maintained her husband had an altercation with Jean Justice, at there home, Foot heard from Mrs. Climo that Justice and Fox's car was parked in the same cornfield entrance to where the Morris had been parked the previous August.
        I had forgotten this incident which goes some way to confirming Fox's story about leaving a beer bottle behind by the hedge by the entrance to the field, the field they had been taken to by Alphon ,a field unknown to anyone except the police, and at that time, a lone journalist in Slough!
        Since no one has a theory on how the killer arrived in the field, your notion of an assisting second person being in communication from the Pineapple pub is interesting.

Comment

Since no one has a theory on how the killer arrived in the field

Yes, a massive problem for the prosecution case.

If the locus was the cornfield then everything to points to some sort of conspiracy: two persons involved at the very least. No one walks there in a sharp suit, carrying a gun and loads of ammo: they are dropped off in a car by someone else.

Either that or 'we picked up a man at Slough,' although few can easily believe this was a hitch hiker picked up in an act of human brotherhood in the fading August light. It must have been some kind of arranged meeting.

Whichever, we are surely looking at some kind of conspiracy.

Comment

Many thanks, Nats, for posting the photos.

Love,

Caz
            X
            "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
            X