Serial bomber in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial bomber in Texas

A mysterious package exploded at a Fed Ex center today in Schertz/San Antonio (my hometown). That marks the 5th in a series of public bombings since March 2nd in or near Austin. Schertz is about an hour away from the Texas capital.

My prayers for all the victims & hopes that there are no further bombings.
    there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

I believe Austin, Texas was the place of that series of Ripper-like murders of women in the middle 1880s?

Jeff

Comment

I woke up this morning and learned that after a police chase the alleged bomber killed himself in his car with one of his own devices. But they still are looking into his background for motive and connections.

Jeff

Comment

Mark Anthony Conditt, who police say was behind a wave of bombings in Texas, killed himself early Wednesday in what investigators described as an explosion inside his car, leaving them scrambling to determine whether any bombs remain and if he acted alone.

Identified by name. He was a twenty-four-year-old white man. Two of his victims were African-Americans, another was an elderly Hispanic woman.

They are cautious about it being over, as they don't know if he sent out additional package bombs, or if he was working alone or with others.
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

he done blowed hisself up
          "Is all that we see or seem
          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Hoist on his own petard.
            - Ginger

Comment

Mustn’t have been able to shoot.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Reminds me of one of the condemned Haymarket Anarchists in Chicago in 1887 (I think it was Lingg), who managed to get a dynamite cap into his cell, bit down on it, and blew off half of his head's jaw. The poor fellow lingered for a few hours - he probably thought it would be faster than strangling to death slowly by hanging (this was before the adoption of the "Short drop" in judicial hangings).

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                  I believe Austin, Texas was the place of that series of Ripper-like murders of women in the middle 1880s?

Jeff
                  Hi Jeff, and yes it was: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...EkCkeD&ampcf=1

I never imagined that it was going to end the next day, credit to the investigation team. I halfway expected a correspondence from the bomber prior to an arrest, seemed radical even by Texas standards. Then again I'm glad that they got to him before he went after University of Texas or 6th Street.
                  there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

I feel for the young man's family, and those of the victims. They have ruled out his motivation being racial hate, due to lack of any evidence of ties to white supremacists, but some people are wondering why this case is not being called domestic terrorism. Is it only terrorism when the culprit has darker skin?

When assessing the motive of terrorists, or discerning whether an act of violence should be considered terrorism, it’s important to suspend implicit bias, writes James Gagliano.
                    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                    ---------------
                    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                    ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                      I feel for the young man's family, and those of the victims. They have ruled out his motivation being racial hate, due to lack of any evidence of ties to white supremacists, but some people are wondering why this case is not being called domestic terrorism. Is it only terrorism when the culprit has darker skin?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/22/opini...ano/index.html
                      The offenders family are often “forgotten victims”.
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                      X