Paranormal experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by martin wilson View Post
    Tell people you are interested in the paranormal and it seems nearly everyone has a story.
    All the best.
    Too true! Clerks in bookstores and other places do tell me stories if my purchase is even vaguely related to the paranormal. I've even heard accounts of ghostly pets.

(Which reminds me, after my cat Shilo died, I could have sworn I felt him jump up onto my bed, which was very weird, because I hadn't even gone to sleep yet! I sat up, turned on the night, and didn't see a thing, of course. I knew I would not, but it felt exactly like it would when he got on my bed at night.)
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
      Too true! Clerks in bookstores and other places do tell me stories if my purchase is even vaguely related to the paranormal. I've even heard accounts of ghostly pets.

(Which reminds me, after my cat Shilo died, I could have sworn I felt him jump up onto my bed, which was very weird, because I hadn't even gone to sleep yet! I sat up, turned on the night, and didn't see a thing, of course. I knew I would not, but it felt exactly like it would when he got on my bed at night.)
      hi PC
      according to accounts of the after life, they see their long lost pets-mainly their dogs, but I did hear an account of a cat.

One guy saw his old dog that he had as child. and he said kind of shocked-I was really surprised to see him, because I only thought people had a soul and could possibly have an afterlife!

Maybe all dogs do go to heaven!
      "Is all that we see or seem
      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
        I told my only ghost story back in your thread about ghosts, several years ago.
        Hi ginger
        pinging you again on this in case you didn't see my earlier post.

Can you please share?

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Hi PC Dunn

It can pay off.
          Back in the 80's there were claims that an alligator was swimming around Swan pool in Sandwell Valley in the West Midlands of England.
          I'm aware casebook is an international community, but it's about as likely as finding a mammoth hiding in your airing cupboard.
          This was also a novelty to me and the rest of my little fishing gang, who had fished Swan pool more times than a hot dinner obsessive and knew there just wasn't.
          Things got silly for a while. You could buy a 'Valleygator' 99 from the ice cream van parked by the boat house. Actually just a regular 99 but with green sauce.
          Some poor soul had to dress up in an alligator, or God knows what it was costume and stand in the Kings Square shopping centre.
          He/she/it may have been handing out leaflets extolling the virtues of Sandwells leisure facilities, but don't quote me.
          Even the eminent zoologist, Dr Karl Shuker, a regular contributor to the Fortean Times got on the case.
          Eventually it was confirmed as an American snapping turtle, although I don't remember if it was captured alive or its corpse was found.
          2013, I was chatting to a fellow patient in hospital, Rob. As always with me the conversation turned to the paranormal. I mentioned the valleygator.
          "That was my brother! It was an American snapping turtle that got too big so he put it into Swan pool" he said.
          So now I know. Worth asking the question.
          All the best.

Comment

Hi PC Dunn

It can pay off.
            Back in the 80's there were claims that an alligator was swimming around Swan pool in Sandwell Valley in the West Midlands of England.
            I'm aware casebook is an international community, but it's about as likely as finding a mammoth hiding in your airing cupboard.
            This was also a novelty to me and the rest of my little fishing gang, who had fished Swan pool more times than a hot dinner obsessive and knew there just wasn't.
            Things got silly for a while. You could buy a 'Valleygator' 99 from the ice cream van parked by the boat house. Actually just a regular 99 but with green sauce.
            Some poor soul had to dress up in an alligator, or God knows what it was costume and stand in the Kings Square shopping centre.
            He/she/it may have been handing out leaflets extolling the virtues of Sandwells leisure facilities, but don't quote me.
            Even the eminent zoologist, Dr Karl Shuker, a regular contributor to the Fortean Times got on the case.
            Eventually it was confirmed as an American snapping turtle, although I don't remember if it was captured alive or its corpse was found.
            2013, I was chatting to a fellow patient in hospital, Rob. As always with me the conversation turned to the paranormal. I mentioned the valleygator.
            "That was my brother! It was an American snapping turtle that got too big so he put it into Swan pool" he said.
            So now I know. Worth asking the question.
            All the best.
            AKA as an Alligator Snapping turtle. those things are nasty. saw one drag a mallard duck under once and ate it.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Hi Abby

Sounds vicious. Good job it never showed up when we were fishing.
              Although one of dad's anaconda sized lobworms he used to dig up and use as bait would have throttled it.
              One time, we were fishing and a police siren started up in the distance. My brother shouted "Dad! One of your worms has escaped!"
              I was dubious, but Rob's family were like that. So was he. There's a video on YouTube of his 10 year, old daughter playing with his pet tarantula.
              All the best.

Comment

Morning All,

When my daughter was little, in the early 1990s, she told us one day that she had been talking to her granddad [on her Dad's side] at the garden gate. We put it down to a child's imagination, as he had died of asbestosis in April 1989, but she was only 18 months at the time, and had last seen him in pyjamas, lying in the hospital bed. She went on to describe him wearing a flat cap and with a cigarette in his mouth, which is how we always remembered him. She was so certain she had seen him that she wrote him a dear little note and left it by the garden gate. We didn't know until we found it there.

She also used to talk a lot about a past life, with details she couldn't have known about from anyone else, but were later confirmed when a distant cousin on her Dad's side sent us a family tree she had compiled. But that's for another day.

Have a good weekend all.

Love,

Caz
                X
                "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Hi Abby

Sounds vicious. Good job it never showed up when we were fishing.
                  Although one of dad's anaconda sized lobworms he used to dig up and use as bait would have throttled it.
                  One time, we were fishing and a police siren started up in the distance. My brother shouted "Dad! One of your worms has escaped!"
                  I was dubious, but Rob's family were like that. So was he. There's a video on YouTube of his 10 year, old daughter playing with his pet tarantula.
                  All the best.
                  whats a lob worm? LOL

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                    Morning All,

When my daughter was little, in the early 1990s, she told us one day that she had been talking to her granddad [on her Dad's side] at the garden gate. We put it down to a child's imagination, as he had died of asbestosis in April 1989, but she was only 18 months at the time, and had last seen him in pyjamas, lying in the hospital bed. She went on to describe him wearing a flat cap and with a cigarette in his mouth, which is how we always remembered him. She was so certain she had seen him that she wrote him a dear little note and left it by the garden gate. We didn't know until we found it there.

She also used to talk a lot about a past life, with details she couldn't have known about from anyone else, but were later confirmed when a distant cousin on her Dad's side sent us a family tree she had compiled. But that's for another day.

Have a good weekend all.

Love,

Caz
                    X
                    very interesting Caz. Thanks for sharing.

I would point out that most peoples NDAs involve being greeted by past loved ones.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

I suspect that if there is an afterlife, it won't be as we imagine it.

"It's afterlife, Jim, but not as we know it."

Comment

Hi Abby

I call them lobworms, some call them earthworms, the American term is night crawler I think.
                        'Orrible things that my dad used for bait. We said the river level dropped when he reeled in.

Another FOAF story concerns my nephew Lee, who fell from a second storey flat balcony.
                        He suffered various injuries but had recovered by the time I heard the story. I'm ashamed to say my reaction was that somehow he was fated for no better destiny, but I digress.
                        He said as he was lying there, he clearly saw my late mother standing over him, here it gets vague, either she said to him, or he felt she was communicating in some way that he would be all right, and indeed he is.
                        When he was little, he stayed with the rest of the family at my mum's for a while, so there was a closeness.

All the best.

Comment

Thanks all for sharing.

I have to note that all stories of actually SEEING a ghost so far have come from someone else (second hand) and not the actual posters.

I believe Ginger has said shes saw one and Ive asked for her story. she said she posted before but I cant find it.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Ah, but you see, Abby, only those who are tuned in can see it :

A place to discuss other historical mysteries, famous crimes, paranormal activity, infamous disasters, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post

http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=6685
                              LOL. Thanks Robert!!

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post

http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=6685
                                wow. there are some really good first hand accounts on here-including Gingers, Wolfs and beawolfs. I didnt go through the whole thread but will when i have time.

Thanks again Robert!

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
                                X