Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shelley View Post
    Chris,
    What about the DNA if any from the postal services workers, what about Central News Journalist's DNA, then of course all the people that handled the correspondence in between, from police to the public records office. Given that there has been air exposure to these paper items as well, and DNA would be taken from oils that have leaked from said fingers, this still can be taken in minute globules from water in the air and thus we have evaopration, there may not be anything left to get a DNA sample, it would be the same for the saliva from the postage stamp as well, as in evaporation from heat and handling, left in a sunny position etc but then who's DNA if any could & i wouldn't think so would be looked at and where can a comparison be made?
    I really do think the idea of DNA with the JTR case is at a loss.
    The global average for a generation is 19, the victorian English context would be a little longer but probably not more than 22. The potential is also there that it could be lower, maybe 17. Either way 6 generations at least. You would need mitochondrial dna (female specific) to make any sense of it. The length of the dna strand is more than 6 million base pairs, In males it is divided every generation in addition to merging with different female DNA every generation. You would have better luck sweezing an intelligent thought out of Rosie O'Donnel
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by paul emmett View Post
      I was reading through "Dear Boss" last week, and realized that I just plain couldn't understand the first part of the postscript. "Wasn't good enough to post this before I got all the red ink off my hands curse it." After years of studying JTR, I had no idea why that was there, no idea what the writer was trying to say. So I asked a few people and looked through some old threads, and I did get a few most interesting suggestions. But only a few, and there was no agreement! So I ask, what do you think is going on here?

Thanks for any help whatsoever.
      They say the red ink is blood and i also have been reading the letters on this site and it look like that the handwriting is 4 different peoples handwriting

Comment

• Hey,
        The red ink, I believe - and which I think is widely accepted - as a reference to blood?
        Well, the delay for 2days can be explained that when the letter was delivered and received by the police, that was a Thursday I believe?... correct me if i'm wrong, I have a habit of thinking too much and getting a bit muddled.
        Well the delay of 2 days could be that he had the impulse to go to / went to church on Sunday to get the blood off of his hands, began writing the letter, sent it on the Tuesday / Wednesday, the police received it on the Thursday.
        At the time religion was very popular, and one theory researchers have put forward - and like the Yorkshire Ripper - is that JTR was compelled to do so by God... after his killings he may have had the urge to go to church to inform God on his latest "work", to get a job well done / congratulated by God and to be "clensed", ready to move on to the next victim?
        This theory would also fall in to the possibility of the theory of performance of rituals at the killings.
        Many thanks.

Comment

• ... Or which is an incredibly strong arguement would be the the letter was written by Journalists - in particular, Best and his editor. The editor was most likely involved to contribute to the identity discretion. Also to raise publicity for the newspaper.

Comment

• Re Best and his editor...

I recently caught the Channel 5 (UK) documentary on Jack the Ripper with "former" News of the World editor Kelvin Mckenzies. Not only is he a perfectly formed scumbag of the highest order, but the programme was cheap and poorly hacked together, yet he does seem to have a convincing theory on the origin of the Dear Boss letter. I was of the opinion that it originated with Tom Bulling and Charles Moore of the Central News Agency, but his argument putting forward The Star's journo Fred Best and editor T.P. O'Connor was interesting. Comparisons of Best's hand writing were compared with the Dear Boss letter and they were very similar indeed. The thing that annoyed me to no end however was how Mckenzies belittled Best for writing the thing, yet praised O'Connor for (allegedly) coming up with the idea in the first place, simply because he was the editor, therefore (like him) a superior being. What a complete and utter w***er!
            Last edited by alucard; 07-17-2009, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• I think...

I think that it is real, and that Jack messed up. Ok, he writes out the same letter twice, and addresses both envelopes, and realizes that he is close to missing the postal pickup time. He hurriedly puts one copy in the envelope, and rushes down to make the pickup. He gets back, and writes the personal note about not getting the ink off his hands, and that they are calling him a doctor, with the laugh...thinking it was going to whoever knows what he is doing...but it went to the news...he sent the wrong copy, and never double checked.
              I confess that altruistic and cynically selfish talk seem to me about equally unreal. With all humility, I think 'whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might,' infinitely more important than the vain attempt to love one's neighbour as one's self. If you want to hit a bird on the wing you must have all your will in focus, you must not be thinking about yourself, and equally, you must not be thinking about your neighbour; you must be living with your eye on that bird. Every achievement is a bird on the wing.
              Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

• dull killer

Hello Sleek. Any particular reason for regarding this missive as genuine?

In my case, I held on to the letters for an inordinate amount of time because hope springs eternal in the human breast.

You see, without the letters, but especially "Dear Boss," the case is MUCH less interesting. Jack may even be a garden variety sexual serial killer and not an evil genius (a la Moriarty) who taunts the police and makes impossible escapes.

The best.
                LC

Comment

• If he did...

If he did make the mistake of sending the wrong letter in the wrong envelope, he is here expressing a concern of a possible mistake to someone by not cleaning the red ink from his hands. He must have addressed the envelopes first, turned them over and placed them to the side to provide room for the two pieces of paper, rushes to get it off without checking for the right envelope, comes back and writes the note on the the side of the copy. He changed the direction, and it appears the ink, to add the personal note to someone. He also titles this one..."Dear Boss"...which is odd in the traditonal sense of the word "Boss". He clearly is saying that he is incharge until he gets caught, so Jack is using Latin, or rather the Latin base of boss, and saying "Dear Stupid". That is what I think anyway.
                  I confess that altruistic and cynically selfish talk seem to me about equally unreal. With all humility, I think 'whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might,' infinitely more important than the vain attempt to love one's neighbour as one's self. If you want to hit a bird on the wing you must have all your will in focus, you must not be thinking about yourself, and equally, you must not be thinking about your neighbour; you must be living with your eye on that bird. Every achievement is a bird on the wing.
                  Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

Working...
                  X