No announcement yet.

What book should I get next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Pat definitely not in Aus at this stage.

A-Z in e-book would be one time where e-book would be good for the search function.

You might guess I'm not a big fan of e-books.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by SirJohnFalstaff View Post
      Did Monty say if a digital version of his book will be available soon?
      That is the plan, as to when? I've not idea.

Monty
      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

I'm waiting for the Chinese version, Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
          Thanks Pat definitely not in Aus at this stage.

A-Z in e-book would be one time where e-book would be good for the search function.

You might guess I'm not a big fan of e-books.

Neither am I but the postage to Australia on books bought on Amazon etc almost doubles the price of the book!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
            Neither am I but the postage to Australia on books bought on Amazon etc almost doubles the price of the book!
            Yep that's why I ended up with Tom's on Kindle. Postage was more [yes MORE] than the book.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Just wanted to post and say that after Gut highly recommended JTR At Last? I checked on Amazon and if you have Prime in the U.S. (maybe elsewhere) you can borrow the book for free to read on your kindle or app. It will be my first suspect book I read and after the high praise I look forward to it.

Reading through this thread has caused me to go on a bit of a buying spree too. I'm sure it has had the same effect on multiple others as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dane_F View Post
                Just wanted to post and say that after Gut highly recommended JTR At Last? I checked on Amazon and if you have Prime in the U.S. (maybe elsewhere) you can borrow the book for free to read on your kindle or app. It will be my first suspect book I read and after the high praise I look forward to it.

Reading through this thread has caused me to go on a bit of a buying spree too. I'm sure it has had the same effect on multiple others as well.
                Word to the wise. JTR At Last argues that Chapman was NOT the Ripper, so not your typical suspect book. It is exquisitely researched and written however so please don't take this as a suggestion not to get it. You most certainly should! But going into a book expecting one thing and getting another might spoil it so I thought I should let you know.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                  Word to the wise. JTR At Last argues that Chapman was NOT the Ripper, so not your typical suspect book. It is exquisitely researched and written however so please don't take this as a suggestion not to get it. You most certainly should! But going into a book expecting one thing and getting another might spoil it so I thought I should let you know.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                  Thanks. That actually makes it more interesting to me! Such a great approach. I wish someone would do the same for Lechmere. Oops. Slipped out.

Comment

Thanks. That actually makes it more interesting to me! Such a great approach. I wish someone would do the same for Lechmere. Oops. Slipped out.
                    They have. Pretty much every Ripper book, in fact. All of which (but one) who have him as a witness and not JTR. Lechmere's still a better suspect than most who are peddled in the books you're about to be wading knee deep in.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

They have. Pretty much every Ripper book, in fact. All of which (but one) who have him as a witness and not JTR. Lechmere's still a better suspect than most who are peddled in the books you're about to be wading knee deep in.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                      Fortunately I am smart enough to lean on the knowledge of others who have done the wading already to try and save myself as much harm as possible.

Comment

Have I said Neil Bell's Capturing JtR again not really even a "Ripper" book, but a ripper of a book
                        G U T

Comment

Fortunately I am smart enough to lean on the knowledge of others who have done the wading already to try and save myself as much harm as possible.
                          You are subscribing to Ripperologist magazine, aren't you? If not, that's step #1. And it's free.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

You are subscribing to Ripperologist magazine, aren't you? If not, that's step #1. And it's free.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                            G U T

Comment

Have I said Neil Bell's Capturing JtR again not really even a "Ripper" book, but a ripper of a book
                              I am very interested in this one as well. As soon as it comes out as a Kindle book I will have a go at it.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                              Yes I am. I also have all the old Casebook Examier issues as well. Though I admit, even though my interest in the Examiner was because of your La Grande article, I have yet to read it because both the Examiner and Ripperologist are so dense with information.

Comment

Cheers GUT.

Not for me to say you are correct. Not for me to say at all.

Monty
                                Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Working...
                                X