Indict Rupert Murdoch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indict Rupert Murdoch

Given the news today shouldn't Rupert Murdoch and his son James, owners of News International be indicted for the crime of perverting the course of justice over the phone hacking of Milly Dowler's mobile phone whilst she was missing and during a police investigation.

It is reported that 2 text's to her phone were deleted by people employed by News International.

I understand that perverting the course of justice carries a possible sentence of life imprisonment in the UK.

Derrick

Originally posted by Derrick View Post
    Given the news today shouldn't Rupert Murdoch and his son James, owners of News International be indicted for the crime of perverting the course of justice over the phone hacking of Milly Dowler's mobile phone whilst she was missing and during a police investigation.

It is reported that 2 text's to her phone were deleted by people employed by News International.

I understand that perverting the course of justice carries a possible sentence of life imprisonment in the UK.

Derrick
    Yes - throw the book at him and lock the rat up.

Comment

Derrick
      Shocker! Left wing poster more outraged at Rupert Murdoch than at Glenn Mulcaire(who as far as I know actually did the hacking).

Comment

Derrick

What criminal goings on !What a bunch of bosses!---never heard the like---never! It wasn't just hacking Millie Dowler's phone but it appears that the families of service men and women who were killed in Iraq and Afghanistan may have been hacked too.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_c View Post
          Shocker! Left wing poster more outraged at Rupert Murdoch than at Glenn Mulcaire(who as far as I know actually did the hacking).
          The man/woman at the top has to take responsibility. The buck stops with him/her. Glen Mulcaire should take his punsihment too - and his boss - whatshername. They are all tainted with this. It is shameful beyond words.

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
            The man/woman at the top has to take responsibility. The buck stops with him/her. Glen Mulcaire should take his punsihment too - and his boss - whatshername. They are all tainted with this. It is shameful beyond words.
            Apparently Murdoch would rather detonate one of his biggest selling sunday titles than punish Rebbeca Brooks, or "Slapper" as the Eye likes to call her after her alleged Kemp-beating antics.
            There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

Originally posted by TomTomKent View Post
              Apparently Murdoch would rather detonate one of his biggest selling sunday titles than punish Rebbeca Brooks, or "Slapper" as the Eye likes to call her after her alleged Kemp-beating antics.
              Yes - it's a shame so many innnocent people will lose their jobs when this 'lady' walks free from her responsibilities. However - I wonder if - after this 'detonation' a 'new' Sunday rag will rise from the ashes?

Comment

NOTW, soft, strong and thoroughly absorbant!!!

Originally posted by TomTomKent View Post
                Hi Tom,

I think that Murdoch is hoping that by offering up the NOTW as a sacrifice he will still be able to get his grubby little hands on the real prize, namely, the total ownership and control of BskyB. No doubt he will launch a "New" Sunday paper, you know, the same old rag under a new name. As for Ms Brooks, I wonder just what dirty secrets she may have acquired on the Murdochs, father and son, during her unparalleled rise from secretary to the youngest ever editor of a national British newspaper???

Best wishes,
                Zodiac.
                And thus I clothe my naked villainy
                With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
                And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                  Yes - it's a shame so many innnocent people will lose their jobs when this 'lady' walks free from her responsibilities. However - I wonder if - after this 'detonation' a 'new' Sunday rag will rise from the ashes?
                  But it is OK, as she is the one who will lead the internal investigation. Which is like letting Whinnie the Pooh work out who is responsible for the honey being eaten.
                  There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

Originally posted by Zodiac View Post
                    Hi Tom,

I think that Murdoch is hoping that by offering up the NOTW as a sacrifice he will still be able to get his grubby little hands on the real prize, namely, the total ownership and control of BskyB. No doubt he will launch a "New" Sunday paper, you know, the same old rag under a new name. As for Ms Brooks, I wonder just what dirty secrets she may have acquired on the Murdochs, father and son, during her unparalleled rise from secretary to the youngest ever editor of a national British newspaper???

Best wishes,
                    Zodiac.

Which is what much of this scandal is about. Media outlets baying for a competitors blood and political attacks by left leaning parties trying to clip the wings of Murdoch and his empire.

The Dowler phone hacking was a scandal. Hopefully some journalists will be imprisoned for it. But stop using Milly Dowler as a reason to condemn Murdoch. Much of the "outrage" is sickening, political and smacks of opportunism.

I suspect many of the folk jumping on the bandwagon dont give two hoots about the Dowler investigation or her family.
                    Last edited by jason_c; 07-07-2011, 11:23 PM.

Comment

The Dowler phone hacking was a scandal. Hopefully some journalists will be imprisoned for it. But stop using Milly Dowler as a reason to condemn Murdoch. Much of the "outrage" is sickening, political and smacks of opportunism.

I suspect many of the folk jumping on the bandwagon dont give two hoots about the Dowler investigation or her family.
                      Excuse me Jason,

At what point in my post did I even mention or so much as alude to Milly Dowler, let alone "use her" as a reason to condemn Murdoch???

My post dealt with the reasoning behind Murdoch's axing of the NOTW, I gave my opinion, i.e. because it had become a potentional stumbling block to his real ambition, namely, the acquisition of BskyB. Now if you disagree with my opinion on that matter, the matter my post was actually about, then by all means post your opinions on his reasoning.

However, don't you dare stoop so low as to invent things that I had never even said and then, to add insult to injury, use the things I didn't say to attack me!!! I can assure you, my "outrage" over the hacking of Milly Dowler's phone is VERY gunuine, but I did not bring it to this thread, you did that, and I did not so much as even mention it in my post.

I do not take kindly to being accused of saying things that I did not say, even less so when it relates to issues of male on female violence/sex crime. I hope that you are a big enough person to understand that you have erred badly in this matter and at least have the decency to apologize.

Best wishes,
                      Zodiac.
                      Last edited by Zodiac; 07-08-2011, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zodiac View Post
                        Excuse me Jason,

At what point in my post did I even mention or so much as alude to Milly Dowler, let alone "use her" as a reason to condemn Murdoch???

My post dealt with the reasoning behind Murdoch's axing of the NOTW, I gave my opinion, i.e. because it had become a potentional stumbling block to his real ambition, namely, the acquisition of BskyB. Now if you disagree with my opinion on that matter, the matter my post was actually about, then by all means post your opinions on his reasoning.

However, don't you dare stoop so low as to invent things that I had never even said and then, to add insult to injury, use the things I didn't say to attack me!!! I can assure you, my "outrage" over the hacking of Milly Dowler's phone is VERY gunuine, but I did not bring it to this thread, you did that, and I did not so much as even mention it in my post.

I do not take kindly to being accused of saying things that I did not say, even less so when it relates to issues of male on female violence/sex crime. I hope that you are a big enough person to understand that you have erred badly in this matter and at least have the decency to apologize.

Best wishes,
                        Zodiac.
                        I wasnt talking about yourself in my post. Apologies if you believed I was.

However, you did bring up BSkyB. What BSkyB has to do with your concern over Milly Dowler im not sure.

Im talking of the incestual London based talking heads on my 24 hour news channels. Every one of them with an agenda. Im talking about Derrick who believes Murdoch ought to be indicted - with next to no evidence to convince someone on a messageboard, let alone convince the Crown Prosecution Service. All this smacks of being agenda led.

Comment

I wasnt talking about yourself in my post. Apologies if you believed I was.
                          Apology accepted, thankyou.

However, you did bring up BSkyB. What BSkyB has to do with your concern over Milly Dowler im not sure.
                          I'm not sure either Jason, as I've already stated, I never mentioned her in my post, you, for whatever reason, chose to mention her in your reply to my post.

Im talking of the incestual London based talking heads on my 24 hour news channels. Every one of them with an agenda. Im talking about Derrick who believes Murdoch ought to be indicted - with next to no evidence to convince someone on a messageboard, let alone convince the Crown Prosecution Service. All this smacks of being agenda led.
                          Are, well thats fine, thankyou for clearing that up. I'm no fan of the London-centric media myself either. Just to avoid any future misunderstandings, if you have any problems with anything that Derrick posts, could you kindly address them in replies to his posts please? Forgive me, but when someone quotes my post, in full, in their own post and then launches into the attack, I start to think, for some crazy reason, that they must be having a go at me!!! Thanks again for clearing that up for me.

Best wishes,
                          Zodiac.

Comment

Journalists here in the UK were stealing the contents of dustbins twenty years ago whilst politicians and senior police officers looked the other way and did nothing about it. The latest revelations simply encompass a more technologically advanced extension of such practices and should come as a surprise to no-one.

Comment

Which is what much of this scandal is about. Media outlets baying for a competitors blood and political attacks by left leaning parties trying to clip the wings of Murdoch and his empire.

This scandal - Jason - is about people with the morals of dogs invading the privacy of people experiencing their darkest hours. People are entitled to be outraged and it is nothing at all to do with politics.

Comment

Working...
                              X