No announcement yet.

Patricia Cornwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornwell most definitely was out on a ledge. The fistula? She was scrambling for a motive; making it up as she went along. To make the conclusions she makes.... silly.

But the Ripper letters, coming from the same quire, cannot be argued with. The members here HATE to acknowledge this, their heads buried in the sand.

Now, one as a joke? Sure, I can see that. But not multiple letters: that's a confession.

Interesting thing about burying your head in the sand: ask yourself... what part of your body is exposed when you do this?

Comment

• Originally posted by miss marple View Post
      Oh she believes it alright. I think she has a monomania. I saw her inteviewed after the book came out. She was obsessed, it was almost personal. Very strange woman.

Miss Marple
      That BBC documentary was very well made but Cornwell's "Armericarrn" "Why isn't that cheeseburger here now?!?!?!" Approach to a history she could buy with the comparative ease we all buy a burger was nauseating. I *know* that John Wayne Gacey was convicted and guilty but I'd still treat his artwork with kid gloves. The only viable "ripper" on show was the maniacal Cornwell as she had at Sickert's canvasses. Deplorable. However I do think she was, figuratively speaking, an American being sold Tower Bridge by canny local researchers and never stood a chance of even stumbling upon the truth.

Sickert, a customer of many ladies of the night I believe, "loved" women too much - look at his empathetic paintings of nudes - to mutilate and uglify with wounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantomas View Post
        That BBC documentary was very well made but Cornwell's "Armericarrn" "Why isn't that cheeseburger here now?!?!?!" Approach to a history she could buy with the comparative ease we all buy a burger was nauseating. I *know* that John Wayne Gacey was convicted and guilty but I'd still treat his artwork with kid gloves. The only viable "ripper" on show was the maniacal Cornwell as she had at Sickert's canvasses. Deplorable. However I do think she was, figuratively speaking, an American being sold Tower Bridge by canny local researchers and never stood a chance of even stumbling upon the truth.

Sickert, a customer of many ladies of the night I believe, "loved" women too much - look at his empathetic paintings of nudes - to mutilate and uglify with wounds.
        Well, first I'd suggest that "loving" women, figuratively or literally, doesn't necessarily mean that someone could not have been a serial killer of women. In my view, we simply don't know enough about what motivated the individual(s) responsible for the Whitechapel murders, what compelled him, drive him, disorders from which he suffered, triggering events, etc.

Second, Cornwell is indeed a piece of work. Initially I found her mania very odd indeed. Yet, now, it seems somewhat more typical of theorists, researches, Ripperololgists, et al. NOTHING can divert them from their convictions. It's quite bizzare.

Comment

Working...
        X