Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Maybrick Website

Dear All,

You might be interested to know that we have just launched a new website that focuses on James and Florence Maybrick and the world in which they lived. The website is called: www.jamesmaybrick.org

The aim of this website is to tell the two interlocking stories of Liverpool and the Maybricks in a balanced and impartial manner. It looks at Victorian Liverpool, Florence’s murder trial and the controversial debate over whether James Maybrick was really Jack the Ripper. The website includes items written by people such as Donald Rumbelow, Professor Rubinstein, Paul Feldman, Steve Powell, Shirley Harrison, Chris George, Adrian Morris and Caroline (Caz) Morris.

There will not be a message forum on the website. However, we would welcome any referenced articles on the Maybricks. Such articles will be stored in an archive vault for people to view and download. The aim is to gradually build up a large library of both primary and secondary information to enable people to reach their own reasoned conclusions about James and Florence Maybrick.

The new website also includes an advert for the so-called Maybrick Watch currently owned by Albert Johnson. The sale of this watch is a purely private matter and nobody associated with the website will gain financially in anyway by its sale.

Please have a look at our new website. Compared to the excellent casebook website, it is rather a small affair. However, we are quite proud of it (yes, we are biased).

Best wishes, Chris Jones

Hi Chris

Great to see the website up and running. Excellent work.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    http://www.ripperologist.biz
    http://chrisgeorge.netpublish.net

Comment

Love the website, the fact that it is laid out like a book is excellent!

The watch is for sale eh?
      Regards Mike

Comment

Nice website,

surprising thats theres a watch on it

can i have it?

lol

Jenni

ps Maybrick world is gettting weird
        “be just and fear not”

Comment

Victoria:

The weird, weird, weird strange world of Ripperology beginning to unravel.

-Maria

Comment

turn the page

Yes Maria,
            agreed, it is a weird and strange world here.

Chris Jones,
            the website looks great and really informative, covering
            many aspects .. look forward to reading some of it.
            Like Mike, I think the book style layout is excellent .. the whole
            thing is very well presented.
            Best of all, I love the sound of the pages turning over ..
            wonderful.

all the best,
            Victoria
            "Victoria Victoria, the queen of them all,
            of Sir Jack she knows nothing at all"

Comment

Chris Jones & Company,

This looks very interesting and nicely done. I'm interested in Florence, and this is an attractive place to read up on her. I love the page-turning sounds! Sounds just like the journals and books in the Myst games. Good luck, all, with the site.

Celesta
              "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Ay up, summat new in the diary world. Years since that happend.

Looks flashy. And as someone who gets transfixed by flashing lights at a club, Id say mesmerising.

Monty
                Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

The new website is very impressive, if a bit too gimmicky for my puritanical tastes. Maybe a bit heavy on the JtR aspect, too, as I happen to think that there's enough juice left in the Maybrick Case itself to warrant a whole lot of discussion. But obviously the JtR side of things has to be covered. Very good effort, and I'll be returning.

Regarding the Watch. Didn't some Texan collector offer big money for it at one time? $50000 or thereabouts? I'd honestly doubt if Albert raises anywhere near that sort of cash today. And without casting aspersions, I do recall reading that he said he'd never sell it.

Cheers,

Graham
                  We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Yes, I too think the info about the Florence Maybrick trial and the history of Liverpool and all of that is useful.

Of course, all the talk of a serious and rational discussion concerning whether the real James Maybrick really was Jack the Ripper is a bit silly.

After all, having a serious and rational discussion of whether the real James Maybrick was Jack the Ripper is like having a serious and rational discussion of whether the moon landings were faked. Sure, there might people somewhere who actually believe such a thing, but in both cases the debate is still an historical absurdity.

Meanwhile, Albert's selling the hoaxed watch, the secret evidence about the diary announced a full year ago at the Liverpool Fraud and Death Show still hasn't seen the light of day, the diary and the watch still have not even been shown to experts so that they might determine what is and is not possible regarding testing using the latest technologies, and there's still no reason at all to think the real James Maybrick (or his brother, of course) had anything to do with these murders.

In case anyone had forgotten,

--John

Comment

No John,

No ones forgotten because you turn up on every blessed Maybrick thread to drown out any other voice with your repititious droning.

You have two other Maybrick threads to play on. Keep it off this guy's announcement of his site. You have made your point here. Move on. If you wish to discuss the watch or any other topic, create a thread and do so.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Website design

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                        Love the website, the fact that it is laid out like a book is excellent!

The watch is for sale eh?
                        Thanks again for all the positive comments about our new website. I would also like thank all those who have sent me private messages of support. Although I have written or collected all the material for the website, I cannot claim the credit for its design. It was laid out like a book by the excellent Kite Web Design Company of North Wales. I must admit I also like the way the pages make a swishing noise as they turn.

Chris Jones

Comment

Hi Chris-
                          Just adding my congratulations to the new site.I love the swishing sound too-although I must be honest it scared the bejayzus out of me the first time it happened!!!!
                          Best of luck!
                          Suzi x
                          'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

I rarely have the sound up on my computer, if I do it's usually to listen to a new demo that my DJ friends have sent me. On the occasion I visited the website I was listening to such a demo, and thought the swishing was part of a track rather than the site, it was then I realised it was the website!

I will be visiting from time to time, speakers turned down, so it doesn't give me a heart attack!
                            Regards Mike

Comment

^^^^^^^^^

Just spent the last couple of hours reading through- Was delighted to turn (swish!) to Page 148 and see.......................!!!!!!!!!!! Proof positive!!-Case closed!!

Suz x
                              Last edited by Suzi; 05-12-2008, 06:13 PM.
                              'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Working...
                              X