No one's interested in PAV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one's interested in PAV

Just looking around less than 70 posts for PAV, yet still he has a sub forum.

Go figure.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Pav's are very popular on Mother's Day.
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
      Pav's are very popular on Mother's Day.
      Or I my case any day.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

GUT aren't your initials.....are they!

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
          GUT aren't your initials.....are they!
          How'd ya guess.
          G U T

Comment

Been correctly called a barista behind the bar.

Comment

Long ago we had a tv show over here, I don't know if you ever saw it, was called Dobie Gillis. Dobie had a rich friend, Chattsworth Osborne. Talked in that nasal I'm a rich and likeable guy way.

Looked pretty much like Prince Edward Albert Victor.

Makes me wonder if the actor playing Chattsworth was picked for the part because of his resemblance to PAV (and so linking him to a high class lifestyle).
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
                Long ago we had a tv show over here, I don't know if you ever saw it, was called Dobie Gillis. Dobie had a rich friend, Chattsworth Osborne. Talked in that nasal I'm a rich and likeable guy way.

Makes me wonder if the actor playing Chattsworth was picked for the part because of his resemblance to PAV (and so linking him to a high class lifestyle).
                Loved Dobie, and his sidekick Maynard F#.
                G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                  Loved Dobie, and his sidekick Maynard F#.
                  Sorry F# was the Aussie send up, Bob Denver was G.

In music terms the same thing.
                  G U T

Comment

I once called in a radio show to speak with Bob Denver (Maynard). I asked him if he knew any beatniks.

He said he wrote beat poetry. Sadly, I was the last call and no more time left. Would've been pretty interesting to hear him expound on that one.

Comment

Chattsworth was brought in to replace Warren Beatty's character in the first season.

PAV, in Ripper terms, is kinda like Beatty, in Dobie Gillis terms. He gets some folks to tune in but is quickly replaced because he just doesn't fit and everyone tries to quickly forget he was ever there.
                      I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

Sorry F# was the Aussie send up, Bob Denver was G.

In music terms the same thing.
                        As for Mr. Krebs, all I can say is "WORK!!!"

Maynard eventually found his place in the world, as one of seven castaways on an uncharted isle.

Imagine to have lucked out on television with two famous roles in two successful sit-coms.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                          As for Mr. Krebs, all I can say is "WORK!!!"

Maynard eventually found his place in the world, as one of seven castaways on an uncharted isle.

Imagine to have lucked out on television with two famous roles in two successful sit-coms.

Jeff
                          Done well didn't he.
                          G U T

Comment

Chatsworth was played by Steve Francken, a good, if underrated comedian who had one marvelous comic movie part - he's the progressively drunken butler in the Peter Sellers/Blake Edwards non-"Pink Panther" related film, "The Party", where Sellers is an accident causing Indian actor who has just destroyed a film he was in, and has accidentally been invited to the home of the film's producer, where he also destroys the house during a dinner party. Francken, without intending to, helps him.

Actually Chatsworth is occasionally Dobie's rival for women or even class office in a school election. His mother in the series was the same actress who played the mother of the previous "rich boy" character, Warren Beatty as "Milton Armitage".

Jeff

Comment

Done well didn't he.
                              Yeah he did. Thinking about it only Lucille Ball and Bob Newhart mirrors this by both appearing in two successful shows ("I Love Lucy" and "Here's Lucy"/"The Lucile Ball Show"; "The Bob Newhart Show" and "Newhart"). There are probably others - Betty White certainly among them.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X