X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kaz View Post
    Take your tongue out of his arse
    hey pal
    your quite possibly the stupidest poster ive ever seen on casebook. If your ever stateside in the DC area let me know. Id love to buy you a drink and lets see if you've got the balls to talk like that to me in person.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      Hey Mike
      I know off topic, but I'm a huge MMA fan, I wrestled in school, did a little boxing and MMA.

Do you do any MMA training and or follow it?
      I did a little kickboxing at one point, but I don't really do any MMA, just boxing. I train with people who do Krav Maga and BJJ, though, but I can't say I practice any of it. I watch a little MMA, but I'm a big boxing fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
        Hi Caz,

Has anyone ever researched how easy it actually is to forge a Victorian diary? We know that art forgers are highly skilled artists but what about this kind of 'forgery.' Obviously it's not just as simple as buying a Victorian-type ink and a Victorian book and off you go. How easy is it, for example, to fool the Ion Migration test which shows when the ink was applied to the paper?
        It may be quite simple. It may not be. I don't know. Would Proffessor Barrett have known
        Hi Herlock,

I don't know either, but the challenge has gone out scores of times since I've been treading these boards, for one of the scores of people who think it would have been a doddle, even for someone like Mike Barrett, to try their hand at one.

You can probably guess the rest.

Love,

Caz
        X
        "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

hey pal
          your quite possibly the stupidest poster ive ever seen on casebook. If your ever stateside in the DC area let me know. Id love to buy you a drink and lets see if you've got the balls to talk like that to me in person.

Tbh, I think it's time to report Kaz for twice making fun of Asperger's, making consistently insulting posts and openly refusing to join in a reasonable discussion about the subject of the thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike J. G. View Post
            I did a little kickboxing at one point, but I don't really do any MMA, just boxing. I train with people who do Krav Maga and BJJ, though, but I can't say I practice any of it. I watch a little MMA, but I'm a big boxing fan.
            cool. keep it up!

The Macgregor Mayweather fight was interesting. I was surprised he lasted so long.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Tbh, I think it's time to report Kaz for twice making fun of Asperger's, making consistently insulting posts and openly refusing to join in a reasonable discussion about the subject of the thread.
              the dumb ass isn't worth it.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
                Hi Herlock,

I don't know either, but the challenge has gone out scores of times since I've been treading these boards, for one of the scores of people who think it would have been a doddle, even for someone like Mike Barrett, to try their hand at one.

You can probably guess the rest.

Love,

Caz
                X
                The issue with this suggestion is that it proves nothing.

There were and are similar calls for people to recreate the Bigfoot suit seen in the Patterson Film, yet nobody considers that it wouldn't prove anything besides the fact that a suit could be made.

We already know that hoaxes can be made and can fool the so-called experts, we saw it with the Hitler diaries.

A better suggestion is for the believers to find literally any evidence that supports the idea that May wrote the diary and that he was the killer in question. This isn't rocket science.

Comment

Here are 4 issues for you to deal with, Kaz, I posted them a few times earlier, but you ignored them, so have another stab:

1) Inconsistent phrasing for the period.

2) Two entirely different styles of handwriting.

3) Mention of a pub that didn't exist.

4) Wording for a listed item that matched the text for the same listed items in a book published a century later.

Have at it, Kaz.

A few pages ago you was asking about the Will and its reliability (was it really penned by James) but now you're willing to conclude its PROOF we have different styles of handwriting?

Your arguments are not nearly as strong as you think they're.

Comment

cool. keep it up!

The Macgregor Mayweather fight was interesting. I was surprised he lasted so long.
                    I wasn't too surprised, tbf, as Floyd is near 41 and hadn't fought for 2 years. He walked Conor down and showed him no respect. GGG v Canelo at the weekend, great fight!

Comment

I wasn't too surprised, tbf, as Floyd is near 41 and hadn't fought for 2 years. He walked Conor down and showed him no respect. GGG v Canelo at the weekend, great fight!
                      word!

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

A few pages ago you was asking about the Will and its reliability (was it really penned by James) but now you're willing to conclude its PROOF we have different styles of handwriting?

Your arguments are not nearly as strong as you think they're.
                        I think it was Graham or John who said what I initially told you, that there are more than one example, and the examples we have did not match. You responded to that by saying you'd have to dig the book out of the loft. Your memory is shoddy, Kaz.

I'm still waiting for even one decent piece of evidence for it being the real deal. I think I see those cows coming home.

Comment

I think it was Graham or John who said what I initially told you, that there are more than one example, and the examples we have did not match. You responded to that by saying you'd have to dig the book out of the loft. Your memory is shoddy, Kaz.

I'm still waiting for even one decent piece of evidence for it being the real deal. I think I see those cows coming home.

Nope, been in the loft, couldn't find my copy. Have ordered a new one on ebay.

Theres also a signature of James's from a ship he travelled on, have you seen it? Looks very similar, has the squiggle underneath?

Comment

Nope, been in the loft, couldn't find my copy. Have ordered a new one on ebay.

Theres also a signature of James's from a ship he travelled on, have you seen it? Looks very similar, has the squiggle underneath?
                            The thing is, Kaz, there's a gulf of difference between similar and the same.

There are many ways to write, but we tend to notice that a lot of people carry the same little flares and nuances.

This is why we have an entire science devoted to the study of such handwriting, to eliminate the similar from the exact.

Basically, you can't look at a piece of writing and go "well it looks similar", because that's how you get fooled into purchasing expensive autographs and signed memorabilia that aren't genuine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
                              How Caz?

Why not email them directly to Dave?

Monty
                              Sorry, Monty, but what's your interest in this?

Keith has already handed the notes over for anyone who is willing or able to put them up on casebook and I understand they are being put up on jtrforums tomorrow.

I'm not sure why anyone expects him to do any more than that and I don't know what his workload is like at the moment.

Love,

Caz
                              X
                              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

The thing is, Kaz, there's a gulf of difference between similar and the same.

There are many ways to write, but we tend to notice that a lot of people carry the same little flares and nuances.

This is why we have an entire science devoted to the study of such handwriting, to eliminate the similar from the exact.

Basically, you can't look at a piece of writing and go "well it looks similar", because that's how you get fooled into purchasing expensive autographs and signed memorabilia that aren't genuine.

Sure.

The main summation is thanks to the will, which hasn't been proven 100% to be from James's hand.

What books have you read regarding the diary?

You ask ALOT of questions, strikes me you don't know the details nearly well enough to hold such a strong (aggressive) opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X