The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

I'm talking about the item listed after "1 piece of red gauze silk".
    It is a "1 large White Handkerchief", blood stained.

If it was among her possessions why would it be blood stained?

Well bearing mind she had her abdomen ripped open, and the fact, that all her clothes were bloodstained from where she was stabbed through her outer clothing you would expect some transference of blood to items she had on her person

Next are listed two "pockets", then her possessions begin with "1 white cotton pocket handkerchief, red and white birds eye border".

I'm not. Due to the diagonal cut the piece remaining is pretty nonedescript in both size & shape, what else could he call it, a piece of scrap cloth? - that's a handkerchief.

You do not know the size of either the mortuary piece or the GS piece. He called it what it was "One piece of old white apron"

If it was written at the time, why isn't it written on several small pocketbook pages?
    The standard issue for police taking notes in the field is their pocketbook, yet these notes have been transcribed on something close to Letter size. And, the whole list is very neat, but many items are underlined. If this was an original list of evidence no-one would be marking it up with lines here and there.

So I'm saying it is a transcribed copy made back at the station, taken from an original list of possessions in Collards? pocketbook.

Even if it was whats is your point? the first list was taken down correctly, so why should any copy be different. There would be no reason to add on anything after the event,and then present it to a court as being factually correct when it clearly would not have been

Or, handn't you really thought about why the list is so neat if it was done on the fly at Golden Lane mortuary?
    Why shouldnt the original list have been taken down neatly did you expect it to be bloodstained? I would have expected Collard to be scribing whilst the mortuary attendant removed each item of clothing, and care was taken as the list shows, because all the items of clothing were examined for cuts and blood stains, note there was no mention of cuts or blood stains to the mortuary piece, and if she had been wearing an apron given the cuts to the clothing, there should have been signs of cuts or blood stains on that mortuary piece had she been wearing it as an apron, and there were neither.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
      Halse did the planting, Long made the discovery.

The police were interested in something or someone that was far more important than a Jewish Jack the Ripper.

However, Sir Robert Anderson would have us believe differently.
      If you make it a City of London conspiracy, (who were seeking an end run around Warren's interference, looking to create legal ground for an exigency search of the area) you don't have to corrupt PC Long, he could well have been played as a dupe; it explains the non 2:20 sighting. But you have to make a connection between the two City of London boys, Halse and Watkins. The piece of apron has to leave the crime scene, and that has to happen early on. That makes for one hell of a made-up-on-the-spot conspiracy.

But then again I always believed that Fuhrman's plan was to grab one of the bloody gloves and take it to Brentwood for just that purpose, an exigency search of the home before OJ could get rid of the evidence; he thought that up on the spot.

It gives Halse plenty of time to write the message.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

Why not repair it and wear it? Wait - her apron was repaired and she was wearing it (because it was tied around her neck), so that's that mystery solved.

PS: Don't feed the Trevor.
        WHERE ARE YOU GETTING ALL OF THIS INFORMATION FROM?

What she was wearing:

1 piece of red gauze silk worn as a neckerchief

Comment

• Hi Aperno,

Forget the chalked message. It was nothing but a piece of window dressing designed to lend credence to the "finding" of the apron. I'm not completely certain it was ever there, until such time as someone thought it a good idea. There are seven recorded official variations of the GSG, and they're all subtly different. Surely the cops weren't so completely stupid.

As I said to Jon, the conspiracy was Jack the Ripper.

Our task is to find out what was really going on.

Regards,

Simon
          Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by APerno View Post
            In regards to Kate using the piece of apron as a sanitary napkin and then dropping it next to the graffito, do we have any clue if Kate would/could have passed by Goulston street once released from the drunk tank? I.e. Is there a reasonable guess as to the route Kate traveled to Mitre Square?
            IF SHE WAS USING A PIECE OF APRON AS A SANITARY NAPKIN, WHY DIDN'T SHE JUST USE THE WHOLE APRON, FOLDED?
            Why did she put it back in her pocket after she used it, and replace it with one of the 12 pieces of rag?

Comment

• If the apron piece was her santitary napkin, why did just throw it in someone elses doorway?

Comment

• Did she just lift up her skirts, stick her hand down her crutch, grab the sanitary apron and throw it in a doorway in Goulston street? When did she replace it with a clean apron? It's use as her sanitary napkin is a stupid theory!!!!!!

Comment

• If she was wearing an apron when she was mutilated, WHY DID HER MUTILATOR LEAVE IT ON?

Comment

• If someone is reading from a different list of her clothing and possessions PLEASE LINK IT TO ME!
                    I can't find a detailed account of her inquest in any other newspaper, because the press were warned not to report about the graffito for fear of riots!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi Aperno,

Forget the chalked message. It was nothing but a piece of window dressing designed to lend credence to the "finding" of the apron. I'm not completely certain it was ever there, until such time as someone thought it a good idea. There are seven recorded official variations of the GSG, and they're all subtly different. Surely the cops weren't so completely stupid.

As I said to Jon, the conspiracy was Jack the Ripper.

Our task is to find out what was really going on.

Regards,

Simon
                      Stop trying to be a special little snowflake with your conspiretard theory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                        note there was no mention of cuts or blood stains to the mortuary piece, and if she had been wearing an apron given the cuts to the clothing, there should have been signs of cuts or blood stains on that mortuary piece had she been wearing it as an apron, and there were neither.
                        The mortuary apron-piece was cut into two, Trevor. It also had bloodstains, as Dr Brown mentions;

Morning Advertiser 5 Oct
                        "Was your attention called to this portion of an apron which was found upon the woman?-It was. There were stains of blood upon the apron.
                        Are the stains of recent origin?-They are"

Comment

• Hi Harry D,

Thanks for the advice.

It's thinking like yours that for 131 years has prevented a solution to this mystery being found.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Originally posted by Leanne View Post
                            If the apron piece was her santitary napkin, why did just throw it in someone elses doorway?
                            I agree with the post you wrote above this one, it makes little sense for her to use her apron in such a manner especially if she was carrying rags about. I was interested in with whether it was possible for her to have passed Goulston Street before getting to the Square.

In regards to just trowing it into a doorway, I have no problem with that, impoverished/homeless people have a special kind of hatred for society that manifests itself in many passive aggressive ways, leaving their flit behind is one of them.

Comment

• Reportedly, Eddowes was seen at Aldgate at 1.30 am.

Comment

The Star, 2nd October 1888, knew the answer—

“That he [dropped the bloodstained rag] in Goulston Street does not occasion any surprise. The police have never doubted that this midnight murderer lived in the midst of the community he has been terrorising.”

The piece of apron provided the police with a rationale for conducting an extensive house-to-house search amongst the Jews of the East End, details of which were included in Chief Inspector Swanson's 19th October report.

That's why the apron piece was planted in Goulston Street.
                                The police did not need 'planted' pieces of evidence to conduct house-to-house searches in other murder cases. The Star knew nothing, the police told them nothing. The Star, along with other newspapers, complained in print how tight-lipped the police are.
                                The Star published speculation, that's how they made their money, that's how they sold copy.
                                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X