Case of most interest besides JtR poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phryne Fisher View Post
    Wot's Lizzie Borden doing there? When the case is named after the perp, can it be classified as 'unsolved'?
    Well, if you're disposed to believe that Lizzie actually did it, I can see where it does sound strange. If you're disposed to think that she didn't, or at least that you're unsure, then she belongs here.
    ~ Khanada

I laugh in the face of danger. Then I run and hide until it goes away.

Comment

Originally posted by Phryne Fisher View Post
      I voted Other case: Kennedy assassination.

Wot's Lizzie Borden doing there? When the case is named after the perp, can it be classified as 'unsolved'?
      That is one of the beauties of hindsight.
      We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

How can we possibly leave out JonBenet Ramsey?

Comment

Thank you Kensei,

I vote Other - JonBenet
          Sink the Bismark

Comment

I'd vote JonBenet Ramsey. I'm sure that it was someone who got in and knew the family, sadist definately. It's a crying shame, she should have had a whole life in front of her.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
              Dear Professor Reid,sor...

I would have put down "Who Nailed Jesus?"...only because I got that baby down to two suspects...The Romans or The Jews.

Seriously though....I'd go with Mike's "Thames Torso" or our "Cleveland Torso".
              I've got three suspects...The Chinese...The Eygptians or the Romans!
              Last edited by Guest; 02-08-2009, 06:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Shell:

I didn't figure in the Chinese....because they didn't wear the standard issue armor of a Roman soldier like you see in the recreations of Golgotha...or that of your typical Jewish henpecked husband of the period....good thinkin'.

I suppose there might be a "chink in the armor" of my Roman/Jew theory after all.

Comment

The BD case definately,from that list-- maybe because it's so disturbing and at the end of the day 'That Photo' makes MJK look quite OK- or perhaps I'm just becoming immune to it!

Shelley-
                  DON'T get me going on JonBenet (Spookily I've just been doing a lot of reading on just that!)- Now there we DO have a serious mystery and a heck of a lot of wrong footing - and that's before we leave the house- leaving not a single footprint of course- if indeed there was markable snow!........IMHO!

I said don't get me going!!
                  Last edited by Suzi; 02-08-2009, 06:45 PM.
                  'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Originally posted by Suzi View Post
                    The BD case
                    That was my second choice, Suze. Its so noir.
                    No matter how you slice it

Roy
                    Sink the Bismark

Comment

A cutting remark Roy!!! THAT photo is something else though isn't it- and of course there's the 'I thought it was a shop mannequin' line -now that really gives me the willies!!!

Comment

The first 8 are the ones that most intrigue me. Borden would be about #15 on my list but I felt I should include it because of tradition. Ramsey is an interesting case but it's a little too new to really draw me in yet. If I could have listed 20, perhaps it would have been on there. And, I added "Other" to make it more interactive. Just giving out my method.
                        Last edited by sdreid; 02-08-2009, 07:51 PM.
                        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Suzi View Post
                          the 'I thought it was a shop mannequin' line -now that really gives me the willies!!!
                          Me too!

But I didn't get a Wonka. And that's a good thing.

Roy
                          Sink the Bismark

Comment

From that list, I'd go for Zodiac or Black Dahlia. But I'd also like to vote for the Charles Bravo case, and the Oscar Slater case. And Edalji, purely for historical interest.
                            Once is happenstance; twice is coincidence. The third time, it's enemy action.

Comment

Hiya-
                              It's that JonBenet thing that itches at me tho'- There's loads of stuff online taken from any angle you can imagine- seriously scary stuff....and ongoing......

Suz x

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Corduroy View Post
                                Me too!

But I didn't get a Wonka. And that's a good thing.

Roy

I Want It Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X