Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Non-Fiction: Ripper Confidential by Tom Wescott (2017) - by The Grave Maurice 12 minutes ago.
Non-Fiction: Ripper Confidential by Tom Wescott (2017) - by The Grave Maurice 17 minutes ago.
Non-Fiction: Ripper Confidential by Tom Wescott (2017) - by Tom_Wescott 1 hour and 23 minutes ago.
Cutbush, Superintendent Charles Henry: The Curtis Bennett Inquiry - by David Orsam 3 hours ago.
Neil, P.C. John: PC Neil's Route - by The Station Cat 4 hours ago.
Non-Fiction: Ripper Confidential by Tom Wescott (2017) - by The Grave Maurice 5 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Mary Jane Kelly: Oh, murder! - (11 posts)
Neil, P.C. John: PC Neil's Route - (5 posts)
Non-Fiction: Ripper Confidential by Tom Wescott (2017) - (4 posts)
Cutbush, Superintendent Charles Henry: The Curtis Bennett Inquiry - (3 posts)
Motive, Method and Madness: Time Pattern of the Killings - (2 posts)
General Discussion: "Servant Girl Annihilator" Terrorized 1880s Austin, Texas - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Media > Books > Non-Fiction

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #71  
Old 04-20-2017, 09:31 AM
Tom_Wescott Tom_Wescott is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick S View Post
I'll buy it tonight. I wonder if Tom has felt the wrath of Christer Holmgren yet.

Hey, Tom
.....I'm heading to London for the East End Conference in August. I think you're listed as presenting via Skype. Will the contents of this book comprise a good bit of your presentation? If so, I'm sure I'll have a host of questions and commentary. Lechmere is someone I've gotten to know quite well myself.

PDS
Hi Patrick. Nope, no Christer wrath, but lots of feedback from his master, Ed Stow. I'm sure stuff from the book will be part of my talk, though probably not the BIG stuff. I'm told you have to have a 'theme' when presenting a speech, so I'm working on that now. Thanks for buying and reading the books.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 04-20-2017, 09:46 AM
Patrick S Patrick S is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 769
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
Hi Patrick. Nope, no Christer wrath, but lots of feedback from his master, Ed Stow. I'm sure stuff from the book will be part of my talk, though probably not the BIG stuff. I'm told you have to have a 'theme' when presenting a speech, so I'm working on that now. Thanks for buying and reading the books.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
Great! I look forward to hearing your presentation and reading the book! Too bad you're not going to be there in person.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 04-20-2017, 11:49 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 14,058
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
Hi Patrick. Nope, no Christer wrath, but lots of feedback from his master, Ed Stow.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
I am quite content reading up on Facebook, Tom. It seems Edward is your master too.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 04-20-2017, 12:20 PM
Monty Monty is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Leicestershire
Posts: 5,130
Default

I'm looking forward to Ed's book.

Monty
__________________
Leicester City F.C. - Champions of England



Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 04-20-2017, 12:50 PM
Tom_Wescott Tom_Wescott is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
I am quite content reading up on Facebook, Tom. It seems Edward is your master too.
Consider if you will that I asked Ed to critique my book. The hours of his life spent toiling over my text are hours that now belong to me. I do not pay him. He works for free. I shall separate the wheat from the chaff and will - at my own leisure - make corrections to my manuscript based upon his feedback. This makes my work better. He has my gratitude.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 04-20-2017, 01:57 PM
Fisherman Fisherman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 14,058
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
Consider if you will that I asked Ed to critique my book. The hours of his life spent toiling over my text are hours that now belong to me. I do not pay him. He works for free. I shall separate the wheat from the chaff and will - at my own leisure - make corrections to my manuscript based upon his feedback. This makes my work better. He has my gratitude.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
Well, if Edward makes your work better, then I think we all should feel gratitude towards him.

How that does not make him your master is something I find hard to grasp. I find that those who are on top of things are the ones more likely to be the masters than those who need correction.

Then again, the whole concept of people being other peoples masters is kind of ridiculous.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 04-20-2017, 02:46 PM
Tom_Wescott Tom_Wescott is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
Well, if Edward makes your work better, then I think we all should feel gratitude towards him.
Absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman
How that does not make him your master is something I find hard to grasp.
Bless your heart, I know it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman
I find that those who are on top of things are the ones more likely to be the masters than those who need correction.
Follow the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman
Then again, the whole concept of people being other peoples masters is kind of ridiculous.
It's how countries are built.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 04-21-2017, 12:50 PM
Fisherman Fisherman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 14,058
Default

Tom_Wescott: Absolutely.

Yes, absolutely.

Bless your heart, I know it is.

A veritable conundrum, indeed.

Follow the money.

I think I can leave those efforts to you, Tom.

It's how countries are built.

There is such a thing as friendship over a common interest. It may sound odd to those who "follow the money", but I can assure you it exists. One advantage about such an exotic relationship is that things can be achieved without dividing people up in masters and servants.
But I fear I am wasting my time trying to explain that to you.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 04-21-2017, 04:21 PM
Tom_Wescott Tom_Wescott is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post

There is such a thing as friendship over a common interest. It may sound odd to those who "follow the money", but I can assure you it exists. One advantage about such an exotic relationship is that things can be achieved without dividing people up in masters and servants.
But I fear I am wasting my time trying to explain that to you.
Yes, you are, because I already know that. I'd like to think I'm on friendly terms with everybody? As you know, I've promised Ed a pint when I'm in London. However, if he expects anything exotic with me, he's gonna need to be the one buying.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 04-21-2017, 09:16 PM
Scott Nelson Scott Nelson is offline
Inspector
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
I'd like to think I'm on friendly terms with everybody?
You know, you could present my Lifetime Achievement Award if you so desired, just to be a nice guy in return for my support for you over the many years.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.