Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Other: Ripper Novel? - by WastelandOfTheRipper 39 minutes ago.
Other: Ripper Novel? - by DJA 57 minutes ago.
Other: Ripper Novel? - by WastelandOfTheRipper 2 hours ago.
Other: Ripper Novel? - by DJA 4 hours ago.
Other: Ripper Novel? - by WastelandOfTheRipper 4 hours ago.
Goulston Street Graffito: Can we profile the Ripper from the GSG? - by c.d. 5 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Other: Ripper Novel? - (20 posts)
Witnesses: The Bucks Row Project part 2 - (11 posts)
Goulston Street Graffito: Can we profile the Ripper from the GSG? - (8 posts)
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - (7 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: Leather Apron found at Hanbury Street - (5 posts)
General Police Discussion: Kelly inquest/Smithkey - (4 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Motive, Method and Madness

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-21-2016, 12:29 PM
GUT GUT is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I come from a land Down Under
Posts: 7,071
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Flower View Post
Pierre, you claim to be a historian. Is there any data for that?
None that I've seen.
__________________
G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-21-2016, 12:32 PM
GUT GUT is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I come from a land Down Under
Posts: 7,071
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Flower View Post
Pierre, you claim to be a historian. Is there any data for that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUT View Post
None that I've seen.
Actually I withdraw that, there is date,


Negative data is still data.
__________________
G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-28-2016, 12:52 PM
Pierre Pierre is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caz View Post
The double event would surely have been enough to spook any killer who valued his continued freedom and control as much as he valued life itself.

Waking up to reality the day after he killed Eddowes, he may have realised what close calls he'd had in Dutfield's Yard and Mitre Square, leading to a longer cooling off period than if he'd only carried out one attack, in less perilous circumstances.

Love,

Caz
X
Certainly not. There is no historical reason to postulate such a time period, on the contrary. There was no fear of being caught.

The only reason for the time gap was the date for the next event. It had to be that date.

Last edited by Pierre : 10-28-2016 at 12:54 PM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-28-2016, 01:07 PM
Elamarna Elamarna is offline
Assistant Commissioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South london
Posts: 3,313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Certainly not. There is no historical reason to postulate such a time period, on the contrary. There was no fear of being caught.

The only reason for the time gap was the date for the next event. It had to be that date.
Pierre

Once again you make a statement which reads like an Established Fact; of course it is not.

It is your hypothesis which is unsubstantiated because you will not discus it.

We are expected however to believe you. if you say you do not mind if we believe you or not, there really is no need for you to post in the first place is there?

Sorry that is not going to carry on..

There is no known reason to believe there was no fear of being caught.

There is no known data which suggests that the dates of the muders were important.

Undisclosed sources do not exist.

To propose hypotheses and argue without sources is of course what those amateur historians, Ripperologists do!!



Steve
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-28-2016, 01:34 PM
Pierre Pierre is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,246
Default

[quote=Elamarna;398095]

Quote:
Pierre

Once again you make a statement which reads like an Established Fact; of course it is not.

It is your hypothesis which is unsubstantiated because you will not discus it.
Well, that is nothing controversial.

Quote:
We are expected however to believe you. if you say you do not mind if we believe you or not, there really is no need for you to post in the first place is there?
Absolutely not. I would never ask anyone to believe me. But I can not do this alone. It is too much.

Quote:
Sorry that is not going to carry on..

There is no known reason to believe there was no fear of being caught.

There is no known data which suggests that the dates of the muders were important.
Not yet.

Quote:
Undisclosed sources do not exist.

To propose hypotheses and argue without sources is of course what those amateur historians, Ripperologists do!!
And the difference is "without sources". But I understand that there is a risk of confusing these two types.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-28-2016, 01:41 PM
Elamarna Elamarna is offline
Assistant Commissioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South london
Posts: 3,313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Well, that is nothing controversial.

Certainly not for you Pierre, par for the course.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post

And the difference is "without sources". But I understand that there is a risk of confusing these two types.
Until if ever, you disclose those sources there is no difference whatsoever.



steve
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-28-2016, 01:46 PM
Pierre Pierre is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post
Certainly not for you Pierre, par for the course.

Until if ever, you disclose those sources there is no difference whatsoever.

steve
I understand that. That is fine with me.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.