No announcement yet.

URGENT- Don Souden Has Had A Stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the update, Bunny. At least the doctors think he is strong enough to go back to Fairview.
    Carol

Comment

• Excellent. So glad he's on the mend.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Update- Staples Out

Hi everyone. I was able to talk to Don for a few minutes yesterday.

His brother said he'd been at the hospital but was back at Fairview now. Don said his staples were out, so that's good.

Don's voice sounded less strong than last time, but maybe he was tired from the trip to the hospital and having all the surgical staples removed.

I suggested adding Edinburgh to the future trip itinerary, and Don said he'd enjoy seeing it. He mentioned a forum member who had been to Edinburgh, somebody he said was good at Trivia, but I couldn't catch their name.

I told Don that I sent him a present via his brother's address, and he'll get it in a few days. I said it's to get him in the mood for his London trip. Then the phone cut out & when I called back I got his brother's voicemail.

To answer Maria's question, I don't know when it will be possible for Don to try to use email again. He doesn't have a phone with email, and if he did the buttons would be too small. His family was talking about bringing his desktop computer in as soon as he got his new eyeglasses, but then the problems with his liver and gallbladder and the debate over gallbladder surgery delayed everything. Looks like he will need at least a few weeks to recover from the gallbladder surgery; it was rather hard on him.

Don is supposed to get more PhysioTherapy, so perhaps they can work on helping him get back online using his iPad or desktop computer. I also told Don's family that his friends on Casebook have volunteered to set him up with a laptap w/high-visibility keyboard if that would be easier for him to use.

* When you go on vacation or other get-aways this summer, please remember to grab a handful of postcards that you can mail to Don. They can be of anything or anywhere - doesn't even matter if you actually went there! Don needs a change of scenery, and pretty much anywhere in the world is more interesting and exciting than Fairview.

Thank everybody,
        Bunny

Comment

• Maybe he can do some physio about his arm/hand and use his iPad in a couple weeks, when he feels stronger, since the device has been found again.
          Best regards,
          Maria

Comment

• Bunny,
            I PMed you about an idea I have about sending Don some podcasts.

Only I doubt they'll fit on a CD-ROM, I suspect we'd need a USB flash drive.
            Best regards,
            Maria

Comment

• I am pleased that Don is no longer in a staple condition.

Comment

• Update

Hi everyone. Got a brief update n Don from his sister.

She talked to his nurse & therapist and said they gave him a "glowing" report. Don happened to be in the hall with them so they passed him the phone.

His sister said Don sounded "happy and good and is very excited about touring Europe!"

I gave Don some good news last time we talked, and suggested we expand the trip to London he's been planning for over a year so we can also visit Edinburgh.

I also suggested we "upgrade" to a 'luxury' tour. Don obviously likes that idea, because now it has become a tour of Europe!

Please feel free to send Don postcards with suggestions of interesting places to include on the luxury tour of Europe, which I have a feeling is going to become a 'luxury tour of the world'.

It can be anyplace in the world- anyplace you've been, or anyplace you've always wanted to go. You're welcome to include a personal invitation to visit you, Don will enjoy that.

If you want to tag along, feel free! Assume that money and other little details like logistics, climate, and national borders are no object. Got any favorite restaurants, castles, museums, or historical sites?

Don will have fun plotting his international itinerary and chatting about it.

Thanks everyone,
                Bunny

Comment

• Originally posted by Archaic View Post

If you want to tag along, feel free! Assume that money and other little details like logistics, climate, and national borders are no object.
                  Thanks for keeping us up to date with everything. I have a question regarding treating this idea as a money-is-no-object one. Doesn't that make the idea less realistic? Why not help plan something that, logically, we could all afford? Is there something we are not being told here?

Anyway, thanks again.

Mike

PS. Does Don have an address that I could transfer money to with online billpay? I'm asking because I would like to help him to get online.
                  huh?

Comment

• I'm with Michael on this, and I think we should concentrate on bringing Don back online. I think Bunny has a paypal account, and if necessary I'd like to contribute.

Pertaining to Don's iPad getting stolen repeatedly, how about if Bunny talked to Don's brother and asked him to have a word with one of Don's physical therapists (whom he knows well, since last summer, they're on friendly terms) and ask one of them to keep Don's iPad in their locker?

As soom as he goes online, there's a software called Siri which he can also use to dictate emails, if one of his arms is still weak.
                    Best regards,
                    Maria

Comment

• Bunny,
                      I PMed you the name of Don's physical therapist who might want to help with the iPad plus some info about Siri.
                      Best regards,
                      Maria

Comment

• Welcome to the Gall Stone Club

Comment

• Originally posted by belinda View Post
                          Hi Belinda!

Great hat! As fully paid-up members of Casebook does that mean that we get a free sample each? If so, I'd love a green one.

Carol

Comment

• I think medically speaking they should all be yellow.

Comment

• Don's 'London Pubs' T-shirt

Hi guys.

Just got a quick call from Don. He sounded pretty good, is still recuperating from gall bladder surgery.

He called to thank me for a shirt I sent him.
                              I've been wracking my brains trying to think of a way to get him a Jack the Ripper t-shirt that wasn't something all bloody & goth that would creep out his nurses!

Finally came upon a cool tshirt featuring the signs of 'London Pubs' - and guess which ones are included?
                              'The Jack the Ripper' and 'The Sherlock Holmes'. I sent it to Don's brother and have been waiting to hear if it fits Don.

Don said he wore his new London Pubs shirt yesterday and said everybody at Fairview loved it and commented upon it. He said he wore it with Belinda's Aussie flag cap... ha ha...Probably the greatest example of sartorial splendor Fairview has ever beheld.

I hope the shirt will be a fun conversation piece for him. I figured it would be much easier for him to chat about Jack the Ripper and Victorian London while wearing a London Pub t-shirt than if he just starts talking about Serial Killers out of the blue...who knows how the nurses would take that!

I know Fairview's industrial type laundry will be kind of tough on the pub shirt, but I asked Don's brother if he could please take it home to wash it so it lasts longer.

Don asked me to say hi to all of his friends and thank you for the postcards, he said he's "delighted" whenever he receives one.

Thanks,
                              Bunny
                              Attached Files

Comment

• As per request bilious yellow

Comment

Working...
                                X